cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 travel is a big con

Anonymous
Not applicable
I activated the 02 travel 31st july to travel europe, i have been issued with a £391.73 bill on recent charges, at first they said the countries i was in wasnt included in the 02 travel pack and when i provided them with the countries included and proved i was in them countries they apologised and said there was a technical problem and worse thing is im still being charged as im still abroad and also they have put a bar on my phone so its on 'no service' when i raised this issue they said its automatic we cant do anything about it. Im absolutely disgusted with 02, im unable to use my fone at all.
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124199 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

So sorry to hear this @Anonymous The only thing you can do is raise a complaint when you get home http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain  Possibly buy a cheap payg phone whilst abroad so you can stay in touch with people back home...?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
I purchased a cheap phone so im able to contact 02 customer service but im in so such distress and the customer service has been appalling everytime i called them i was on hold for almost 30minutes and then found myself constantly repeating the same thing and worst of all 4 advisors cut me off when i asked for a line manager, thank you for your advise
Message 3 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 124199 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

I really do feel for you @Anonymous When you are abroad you need your phone so I understand your distress.

If O2 have admitted a technical issue then you do have grounds for complaint...though you will be better placed to do this when you are back in the UK... Try not to worry too much and enjoy the rest of your holiday. Please come back and let us know how you get on with your complaint...Best of luck....:smileyhappy:

Edited to add....if you are not using your O2 phone you will not be charged.....make sure it's turned off....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 16

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Ask customer services to increase the credit limit if they are sure it's an error and will be refunding them anyway.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 5 of 16

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23525 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3747 Solutions

@Anonymous When you were traveling, could you have possibly been near any borders of countries that are not included in the O2 travel pack? That could possibly account for the high charges you have had. Just a thought.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 16

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
@Curr946 increasing the amount to be billed in error is imo not a savvy thing to do. Yes one cs advisor may have admitted it's an error, but will that be the final outcome? There's a high possibility that'll be denied at some point down the line, as when 02 mess up, they do so spectacularly!

Best advice was from @Cleoriff and that's to enjoy the rest of the holiday and confront the issue once on home ground.
Message 7 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146925 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions
Which countries have you been billed for using your phone in?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 8 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, i wasnt near any borders and for the countries that were not listed on the pack i switched my data roaming, mobile data and put my phone on flight mode and also switched my phone off, i spoke to them today and they said that the barrs will be removed but after couple of hours the bars where generated back on again
Message 9 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Turkey, spain and albania @Anonymous
Message 10 of 16