Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 signal gone but network says working fine

rusty51
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My elderly mum lives in a rural area but has always been able to get a good signal until now.  For the last 2 weeks the signal has gone. We've switched phones off and back on and tried 4 other different makes and models of phones but now none of them have got a signal where once they could make and receive calls, texts etc.  We've even been able to get 4G on two of the phones in the past but not any more.  we've raised several complaints with 02 but all it says is they couldn't find a fault !!  Whats going on with the signal ?   Help please 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

rusty51
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi everyone, thanks for the ideas. I'm in the process of finding out if others on 02 are having similar issues and getting them to complain. I've tried 02 Ask but it only works if you've got 1 mobile number and I've got two registered on my account. I'll keep you posted if I get any joy.
Message 11 of 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@rusty51 wrote:
Hi everyone, thanks for the ideas. I'm in the process of finding out if others on 02 are having similar issues and getting them to complain. I've tried 02 Ask but it only works if you've got 1 mobile number and I've got two registered on my account. I'll keep you posted if I get any joy.

Yes unfortunately Ask has limitations. I think an update is needed.

Message 12 of 14

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

I’m in the same boat with regards to O2 Ask unfortunately.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122364 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

O2 Ask certainly needs a review. It isn't a replacement for Tu in any way shape or form, Personally I'm not too bothered whether it works abroad or not (selfish I know.... but that no longer affects me)

However, it should be available to every O2 customer regardless of phone, tariff, or more than one number linked to accounts.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 14