cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 removing my Unlimited data

Anonymous
Not applicable
I got a text today stating that my promotional Unlimited data would be ending on the next billing date. Now I took this contract out on the 20th of June the day before O2 removed unlimited data from all thee tariffs as I had heard they were doing this so double checked with the lady that sorted it all out and she confirmed that I had unlimited data and that the tarrifs were all changing on the 21st so I got it just in time.
I just rang O2 to find out whats happening and the lady told me that everyone is being removed from unlimited data no matter when their contract started and there was nothing she could do. Anyway she told me a manager would ring me within 24 hours.
Surely they can't just change the contract as they see fit, what if they decided to charge me double, I suppose as long as I have 30 days notice thats ok but is no ok for me to give them 30 days notice to cancel my contract.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
They're not removing everyone from unlimited data at all, just people who upgraded after the date or changed tariff after the date. You have more than likely got a text by accident.
Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
They're not removing everyone from unlimited data at all, just people who upgraded after the date or changed tariff after the date. You have more than likely got a text by accident.

Seems everyone is being moved.
I spoke to a rep today and she said it was being applied to everyone and that it was in the terms and conditions. She was lovely and understanding about it, she herself said she would be effected and is not happy!
I did mention the blog, but she said they've decided to cap everyone.
T&C here:
Included Unlimited Wi-Fi and Web Bolt Ons for iPhone Customers only
The Unlimited Wi-Fi and Web Bolt On is included at no extra cost for customers connecting or upgrading to any iPhone tariff until further notice. O2 reserves the right to withdraw or amend this offer at any time on reasonable notice. Participating customers will receive 30 days notice via text message if changes are made to their disadvantage. Excessive usage policy applies see Data Bolt Ons terms below.
Selected devices may be available from O2 with an inclusive Data and Wi-Fi Bolt On. Please note that not all devices can facilitate use by you of the Wi-Fi element of this Bolt On (for reasons including device incompatibility or restrictions upon O2), which may prevent the Wi-Fi service from being available to you.
Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I give up. I actually do give up.
Message 4 of 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 85904 Posts
  • 592 Topics
  • 4671 Solutions
I agree wanty, but there's just too much inconsistency from customer service. I think its time they issued a script to all the advisers stating the correct information to give out.
As far as I'm concerned the information I have received from customer service, from 'Join-in' and from a PM to sharon@o2, only contracts and tariff changes on or after June 24th are affected by the data cap on October 1st.
Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree wanty, but there's just too much inconsistency from customer service. I think its time they issued a script to all the advisers stating the correct information to give out.
As far as I'm concerned the information I have received from customer service, from 'Join-in' and from a PM to sharon@o2, only contracts and tariff changes on or after June 24th are affected by the data cap on October 1st.

To be honest, there is more than enough information given out to staff for there to be any reason for it to be inconsistant. I wouldn't be suprised if it's outsourcing that's causing the confusion.
Sharons information is 110% correct. The cap isn't being added at all for anyone unless an upgrade or tariff change is made after 24th June 2010, anything before this will not be affected.
Message 6 of 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 85904 Posts
  • 592 Topics
  • 4671 Solutions

Sharons information is 110% correct. The cap isn't being added at all for anyone unless an upgrade or tariff change is made after 24th June 2010, anything before this will not be affected.

That's good enough for me wanty slight_smile
Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well like I said I took the contract out sim only on the 20th of June then bought my iPhone 4 from apple a couple of weeks later I used the sim card in the mean time on my N96 until I got hold of a iPhone 4 sometime in July then I just went to an O2 shop and they swapped it for a micro sim.
Is there somewhere where I can get this info that I should not have my unlimited data removed like somewhere on their website or something, that I can show them as the customer services rep was pretty adamant my data was being capped along with everyone else regardless of when their contract started.
The lady said a manager would contact me within 24 hours so would be nice to have this info handy to show them that I should not be having my data capped. The lady pointed out that last month I only used 300MB of data but then I told her I was in Egypt on honeymoon for 3 of those weeks so obviously didn't use any while I was there and she just said "oh".
Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
A message has gone out today advising that a lot of customers who wont be affected recived the text by mistake, they have stopped sending the texts out to make sure they are only texting the correct customers.
Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Should I be having my data capped though as the customer services advisor was pretty sure that mine was being capped even though it shouldn't be.
Message 10 of 13