Did you mean: 

02 refresh

Chris90
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

Got my new phone coming today. I upgraded early and was informed before confirming that 02 would pay the remaining of my contract off as not due until October 21.

I am now on the 02 refresh just paying 18.99 a month then after 6 months my airtime comes into play.

Has my old contract definitely been stopped and a new one started ? Im not gonna be paying off two phones am I? Just seemed a bit to go to be true 02 paying it off.

I did try ringing them was on hold for over an hour and still go no where 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122361 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Chris90 

I'll ask our account advisors if they can help here. @O2Lisa @Korey01 are you able to assist @Chris90 ?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Chris90 

Yes, when you upgrade the old contract is cancelled and the new one started.

O2 have been offering to waive early cancellation charges for non refresh contracts, but this is on an individual basis, so not everyone is offered this.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @Cleoriff smiling

I can double check for you if you'd like @Chris90, I'll message you privately, but once an account has been upgraded the old tariff is no longer linked to the account, it's removed and replaced by the new one thumbsup

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 4