cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 refresh and damaged mobile

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I have recently just got a new iPhone 6 on 02 refresh as I paid my previous mobiles contract off. Anyways today I dropped my iPhone I'm water!! I know how typical :(:( so irresponsible of me and I have no insurance to make it worse (I'm definitely getting some in future) On 02 refresh I know you pay the bill then the Mobil separate would 02 allow me to get another contract mobile but just the mobile and swap the sim of the contract I'm paying now into the new mobile? So I'm paying for the phone I've broke the new phone and the old contract? Or is that just me thinking way out of context! Lol I'll probably end up having to pay for 2 contracts as it's my own fault 😞

Anyone with advice would be great?
Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You can pay off what you owe on the phone and start again with a whole new phone and contract for airtime, or leave that as it is and buy a new phone either sim free or on O2 PAYG and just use your current sim and airtime contract.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous

Have you checked your home insurance or do you pay for your Bank account?Some of them include free mobile insurance...

As for getting a new phone, this is the advantage of being on O2 refresh. Like @MI5 said, pay the device plan off (online or over the phone) and in 24h you can get yourself another phone slight_smile

So no more having to pay for 2 lines until one contract runs out. And of course you can keep the same number slight_smile

Message 3 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the replays everyone. The phone would cost me about £550 to pay off which I really couldn't afford to do at this moment in time so it loos like I may have to try and take out another contract or check home insurance to if it covers accidental damage on mobiles 😞
Message 4 of 37

Cleoriff
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Why don't you give Apple a ring and see if they can help? Worth a try, you never know

https://www.apple.com/uk/support/

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 37

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for the replays everyone. The phone would cost me about £550 to pay off which I really couldn't afford to do at this moment in time so it loos like I may have to try and take out another contract or check home insurance to if it covers accidental damage on mobiles 😞

Far cheaper to pick up a low cost phone and put your sim in it.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 6 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yep I know! It's an iPhone micro sim so would 02 change this to a normal so, so it would be comparable with another mobile phone
Message 7 of 37

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yes, you can get a free sim swap in any O2 shop.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
Apple would sort it out & as it was still in warranty they will swap it for a replacement may incur fees though if water damaged
Message 9 of 37

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
OOW repair from Apple seems reasonable at £236
https://www.apple.com/uk/support/iphone/repair/other/

Currently using:
Message 10 of 37