Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Anonymous

02 internet

so whats up with it this time, what is todays excuse for the error connection to server lost remind me never ever to reccomend anyone to 02 well i guess once again i need re request the settings for the 100th time switch off my phone if this dosenet work restore it to factory settings which will lose most of my contacts sort the dam thing out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Topics: 247
Solutions: 1,614

02 internet

There is no need to lose your contacts, you can back up all texts as well at Bluebook.

If it's a network problem you shouldn't have to keep downloading settings unless you are resetting your phone. If this is necessary on a regular basis it sounds like you have a fault with your handset.

Hope this is some help.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Anonymous

02 internet

hi
thanks im now getting some stupif http request was interrupted by the host message im seriously about to lose my temper with o2 im trying to find an important email from work off my mobile internet because i cant get to my computer its driving me around the bend!!
Anonymous

02 internet

I feel your pain Caroline, Im getting the "HTTP request was interupted by the host" message too." A right pain in the arse!
I can't really be fussed with a call to them just now, let me know how you get on.

C
Anonymous

02 internet

O2's 3G network drops out every lunchtime and evening for me, clearly capacity problems in Central London.
Anonymous

Re: 02 internet

Turns out to be a lot more sinister than I thought - check out the answer here from elsewhere on the forum - then contact o2 and INSIST they opt you out of this exercise.
"Im currently experiencing the same problem. I have HTC desire on contract but I have found the reason for this error
The "host" is not the site you are visiting but rather the new traffic / marketing server that o2 are using. Basically, everything you do on the mobile web is now being monitored and information is being collected by a company called Bango.
The guise is that it's just a content verification server but if you look up the company you'll see they collect your information for marketing purposes.
I was thoroughly **** off about it and called o2. They confirmed this and I've asked them to stop all my data being collected. The process takes 28 days. I'm sure there must be some law against this... look it up "
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=25451&hilit=HTTP+request+was+interrupted&start=15