cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 have lost my phone!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

My LG G4 was having a problem with holding it's charge, as it was still in warranty only being owned for less than a year I took it into store. I was told they'd send it off the next day as it was a sunday, which was fine. The woman told me that it'd usually take about 5 days to repair, and that I would be notified when the repair centre had recieved the phone. I was not offered a replacement phone, and she didn't mention or ask if I'd need one at all.

After 4 days of waiting, and checking the tracker link I was given which seemed to be broken as it just wouldnt load at all each time, I decided to ring. I was told it had arrived at the repair centre, and that they should have contacted me to say this, after 48 hours it should be ready to be sent back and I should be contacted again.

This didnt happen. After over a week or no contact or word about my phone I rang again. This time to be told that my phone never arrived at the repair centre, and they dont know where it is. When I brang up the fact that I was told it had, and came up on the system as being at the repair centre last time I rang, I was told thats not true and not sure why I was told that. The person was then going to look into it and ring the mail courier to see where the phone was as it seems its not just my phone thats gone missing.

I got a call back about 10 minutes later saying that the phone HAD arrived at the repair centre, and been signed for. But the issue now being that the repair centre is claiming they didnt recieve it. So inbetween being signed for and arriving at the repair centre, its gone missing. At this point im seriously annoyed as I need this phone for work. I was told the guy would look into this, and ring me back the next morning once he's chased up the repair centre and tried to get to the bottom of this. I've now kept a note of the times of my calls, and who I spoke to. But I fear I'm not actually going to get my phone back now at this point, and 02 have lost it completly. 

What do I do?!

Message 1 of 48
47 REPLIES 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah I showed it to the store members at the time, they thought it was just the backs you change too until we looked at the buttons, my old phone had dark grey to match the back, and this one has gold for the gold back @gmarkj

Message 31 of 48

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
how bizarre.
the only thing I can think of is that they have more of the gold part than they did the black so used those instead.
would be good to see a "proper" one though just in case...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 32 of 48

PhoneDoc
Level 14: Rising star 
  • 278 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 21 Solutions
Hi @Anonymous . Although that isn't a normal process, I think at this stage it's probably the best solution for everyone involved.
Regional leaders can authorise contract terminations in extraordinary circumstances, and you now have a G4 handset that could be returned. The store staff would then make sure that your account is reverted to a point where you could upgrade to any handset. As well as your student discount, I'd like to think that they'd also offer a bill credit to compensate for all the hassle this has caused you.
Although I've never tried to do that with a replacement phone, theoretically it should be possible, and maybe something worth bringing up to the store manager?
Message 33 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've just emailed my complaint over, mentioning the termination of the contract as the most suitable solution. So fingers crossed this all ends up being sorted!

Message 34 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable
Im now on my way back into town, as there is yet another problem with the replacement. Its overheating, to the point i can barely touch the phone after only using it for 5 minutes! Im going to bring up the termination of my contract and a new phone. Im going on holiday in a few days time and really need a phone!
Message 35 of 48

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Are there any apps running or updates being installed? Are you / have you recorded anything in 4K?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 36 of 48

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

That doesn't sound good at all @Anonymous. Let us know how you get on? slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 37 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable
im using apps and the phone in general the same as i always had done, and never had a problem with the phone over heating with my old one
Message 38 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ive just had to ring them up, again to chase up my phone. Theyve said spoke to the area manager and they cant just teminate and pay off the rest of my contract even if they wanted to. So theyve pushed my case further to try and get me another replacement phone any quicker. He sent the forms off for my phone yesterday, but they sent them back this morning saying hed put the incorrect number 😒
Message 39 of 48

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Ive just had to ring them up, again to chase up my phone. Theyve said spoke to the area manager and they cant just teminate and pay off the rest of my contract even if they wanted to. So theyve pushed my case further to try and get me another replacement phone any quicker. He sent the forms off for my phone yesterday, but they sent them back this morning saying hed put the incorrect number 😒

This is developing into 'Fred Carneys circus' @Anonymous. What a ridiculous situation...:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 40 of 48