cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 have lost my phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I sent my phone for repair via my local O2 outlet on Tuesday 17th Sept and was told it should be returned by 4 days, after several phone calls etc I have been told today that my phone seems to have been lost and an investigation into this has been opened. I am a pay monthly customer and needed a replacement and was told I needed to pay a £25 deposit for a very basic handset unsuitable to my needs. Is there anything I can do about this as borrowing phones from friends I feel is unacceptable under these circumstances?

Thanks Tracey.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had to send my Galaxy Note 1 in after a month for a "battery" problem which turned out to be something to do with the OS (which an update fixed for them even tho id updated the phone myself when I rang up to notify of the problem)
When I enquired @ my local store about the loan phone I was advised about during the original call, the staff member produced an old nokia something from the 3300 series. I laughed & declined renting it as I could of gone to the market & bought a phone that allowed net access for 25quid. I just came home & pinched my sons galaxy Y for the 4days instead phone was returned to my house.
Message 11 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Which is what worked for you GothicGeisha.

Some are ok with a loan phone for the deposit whch puts them on until their own is returned.

With lots of people now having back up phones knocking around in drawers the need for a dumb down loan phone is becoming less and less i would have thought. 

Message 12 of 12