cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 deactivated my payg sim as i moved to a no signal area. how do i reactivate it and keep my number

Anonymous
Not applicable

june 2016 i moved to a no signal house due to needing help in day to day living, i am disabled and cant leave the house except via ambulance. i'm in a wheelchair, and unfortunately there are two flights of steps leading uphill to the carpark near the property, which i am unable to negotiate. Its april 2017 now and am going into hospital where i will have signal. i would like to reactivate my sim and keep my number so i can have contact with family and friends. 

How do i do this, or do i need a new sim, and to ask to keep my number etc ?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144834 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions
There's a good chance your number has been recycled by now unfortunately but the only way of finding out is to call customer service and ask http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144834 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions
There's a good chance your number has been recycled by now unfortunately but the only way of finding out is to call customer service and ask http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
thankyou for the speedy reply. i wasn't as clear as i could've been in my post.. first timer obviously lol.. it became inactive in january, so only a couple months ago.. i'll contact them and see slight_smile
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Woop slight_smile

i've had two friendly and helpful phone conversations with a young lady called Nicky at 02.

after i explained, she offered to look into it and callback in ten minutes, which she did..

The result, i get to keep my number, and the same sim is re-activated.. oh, and the credit that was on the sim prior to being inactive.. has also been restored..

My phone now says no Netw coverage instead of sim inactive.. and to top it off, she is ringing again shortly to ensure that it has been reconnected.. at that point i will tell her of my 02 community post lol

so kudos to you sir for steering me to the point of contact, and my undying affection to the pleasant lady called Nicky.  Who said a win win was hard. May only be a small thing in the grand scheme of life.. but its made my day  Bob slight_smile

Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 144834 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions
Pleased for you Bob slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 5 of 6

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous Welcome to the forum! Awesome to hear you had the issue sorted. Let us know if your phone will also reconnect in the end. slight_smile

And thanks @MI5!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 6