Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 data very slow

Broughy23
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I've just signed up to o2 on a pay monthly plan and I'm getting very poor data speeds. I've tried resetting the network, turning the phone on and off, airplane mode on and off etc but nothing is working. When I check the speeds I'm getting 0.5 mbps to 1.2mbps. Is there any fix for this? Or will I just have to cancel my contract and move to a different provider? After midnight my speeds go up to around 15 which is very usable but I'm going to bed at that point. I understand that this is because less people will be using the service but if I'm paying £60 a month I'd like to be able to use my phone during the day. Any help or advice would be much appreciated
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10683 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3101 Solutions

O2, Three, Spusu (EE) and Vodafone don't prioritise speed tests on their networks, maybe if you use Fast.com but not the professional tools such as NPerf... 

I also used to work for an ISP and now work with Mobile Devices at an enterprise level. And this is my real world testing...  

Have a look at a techy site where we look at speed tests and you will see what I mean...

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 11 of 11