cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 call centres get 0/10 on customer service

Anonymous
Not applicable

There is a remarkable disparity between the excellent customer service I always receive in 02 stores and the shambles that occurs when I contact 02 services on the phone.

I work within a customer facing industry and I find it hard to understand how much complication and miscommunication I have found myself faced with, trying to get 02 to deliver a new handset to me, after they sent me a faulty one.

Working-Full time meant that I couldn't be at home when the phone was delivered, so I arranged an alternative address for delivery. Two weeks later and I still don't have a phone - because dpd and 02 only have delivery slots Monday to Friday and unfortunately customers cannot select a slot (something to work on 02).

Finally, I have arranged for a new delivery but I was on the phone with 02 for 30 minutes - with the majority of the call being spent on hold. Then as I asked to be transferred to Customer Service to cancel my insurance policy, I waited for so long to be transferred that I eventually hung up. Why is there no clear communication between 02 insure and 02 customer service.

I hope that the grass is greener on the other side, because I'm leaving 02 as soon as possible. For two years I've had high bills and overall the customer service quality has been inconsistent. Going to an 02 is the only solution I found that worked.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I'm so sorry about the problems you have had.  No matter what customers say you can only go off your own personal experiences bit it is sadly a fact that customer service has definitely been on the decline recently. 

Message 2 of 9

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It's gone into a steady decline since all CS was outsourced. It certainly isn't what it used to be anymore.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

It gets tiring and trustrating when no-one seems to give a damn. At least the O2 store gave good service....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

according to 02 customer services/accounts departments when is a bill a heavy bill when your with 02 ! as they do not update customer accounts within the time frame of 24hrs result they send sms to your phone and follow up with a letter threating to cut you off plus a reconnection fee of £20 or debt collecters and thats a joke as debt collecters have no rights with regard to anything whatsoever,hope 02 read this and get their act together.

Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

according to 02 customer services/accounts departments when is a bill a heavy bill when your with 02 ! as they do not update customer accounts within the time frame of 24hrs result they send sms to your phone and follow up with a letter threating to cut you off plus a reconnection fee of £20 or debt collecters and thats a joke as debt collecters have no rights with regard to anything whatsoever,hope 02 read this and get their act together.

I'm not sure exactly what your problem relates too but if you don't pay your bill o2 will sell the debt to a collection agency who legally have every right to pursue you for payment.....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Today saturday 17th october have tried to get help to upgrade link sent me brings up site message that says there is a problem, been like it since yesterday, how can I accept an offer after 40 minutes on phone when the link does not work or site is down?

I did what the kaputt site said and rang o2 at 08 40  this morning,spoke with a female she was most unhelpful saying she couldnt activate my offer, said she would tell tech department, that was as I say at 08.40 link still down now 21.35, Ive tried 10 times today to speak with someone, constantly on hold told waiting time is UP TO 15 MINUTES? so how come twice I waited 20 minutes, then hung up, 4/5 other times waited 10 or more minutes, gave up, twice Ive waited over 32 minutes still not answered, last time I tried was at 18.20 and then waited 17 minutes still nothing, so how the hell can I accept a deal when I can not do what I was told to do on the phone!!! my deal runs out Monday morning, 09.30, I am away and busy all tomorrow sunday 18th. I hade several texts saying dont miss out on your special offer, with a link in the text that does not work, so I did the second thing the not working site said and went into my local o2 shop, told him what had gone on showed him my texts from o2 he tried the link said you are doing nothing wrong its broken, I asked if he could contact head office he said NO, but also in that text it said o2 tried to call me that is total lies my home phone and mobile have received no calls from o2. also in that text it asked if I would like a call back, so I sent back the what they had requested S2 for saturday afternoon between 13.00 and 17.00 need less to say no call came, so at the moment im out of contact paid my device plan off early, I have emailed the ceos office, and have also now obtained a PAC code  I have been with o2 16 years and they seem totally dis interested, so if they dont want my custom then stuff them I will start to look elsewhere on Monday.

Message 7 of 9

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Doesn't sound like there is much else you can do really 😞

Currently using:
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like you could be right, and sad thing is no one seems bothered, what an outfit, but not only may they loose me but my wife for sure, also maybe some other family members whom I introduced, singing their praises. wish I hadnt now.!!!!

Message 9 of 9