Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 - We love to rip off loyal customers

george321
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
The guardian recently released on article explaining that 1.6 million brits, don't have time, can't be bothered, or were never infomed they can check their monthly mobile phone useage,

I tick all these boxes, - having had an 02 contract for around three years, I was completely cluless that one could check thier monthly useage of calls texts and minutues. Even if I had been told when I took out the contact I wouldn't have been remotely interested in doing so.

This was fine for three years, my monthly fee ranging from £15 to £20 - however I've recently been caught out with a large £120 bill,

Personally I think 02 will just alienate and frustrate many loyal customers by not sending a text reminder informing customers they have ran out of mins for any given month.

Secondly they should explain about their app function when customers sign up, regulators should make this mandatory,

Thirdly for many millions of older customers like myself who are not remotely interested in constantly wasting their time checking thier monthly useage, regulators should make it mandatory for people to be able to cap thier monthly bill to a set sum. So people like myself that simply want a hassle free phone can rest assured their monthly bill can never exceed a set amount,

Before anyone says if I signed the contract I should monitor my bills, - the point I'm making is I fundamentally don't want to watse weeks of my life, over a lifetime checking a piece of rubbish app, - it's not how I want to spend my most precious resorce - time

Lastly how annoying is it to be harassed and get three or four sales calls a day asking about upgrades by rude sales staff asking about upgrades, how amazing would it be, to have a useful function on the app, and opt out of all the harassment and sales calls, - I'd rather deal with ppi people that 02 sales staff

What a dreadful business 02 is, can't wait to move my service provider, or go back to pay as you go -

It will be a happy day when I move service provider and never have to deal with 02 again and can leave thier shady, corrupt and irresponsible practices behind me.
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

george321
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Get back to your desk, in the 02 office, and rip off some more customers. 

Message 11 of 16

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@george321 you are becoming tiresome now. NONE of the people who've responded on this thread work for O2. We are all customers just like you. And just like you have a right to our opinions without being insulted or patronised.

Clearly you think you are right and aren't prepared to listen to any other opinion that doesn't fall in line with your viewpoint.

You have made your point. We don't agree with you. That should now be the end.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 12 of 16

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@george321

Quite comical really. Two of us on this thread have stated quite clearly we are 'older customers' like yourself.

I suggested you return to PAYG or try sim only. If you think you can find a better network where you don't have to check your bill or monthly spend, then best of luck to you.

The fact you have incurred a bill of £120, is your fault and nothing to do with O2.

Do you blame the other utility companies when your bill is higher than expected?

On that note I'm out. I hope you find somewhere else who will do all the work for you. Wave

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 16

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

I echo @Cleoriff's comments.

The best of luck, I'm also out, enough is enough Wave

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 14 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can either spend hours of your life checking or spend a bit of extra cash. Either way you're spending.. you've just got to work out which is the least expensive!

Secondly, you say they should explain the app function (after purchase) but earlier in your rant you say you wouldn't have been remotely interested in doing so.

So you suggest a solution to your  problem, but you wouldn't have used it anyway. 

Let's face it, you've been lazy and paid the price. Now you come on here claiming rape (awful word) and criticising those who try to help. 

I'd suggest checking your usage in future.. might save you coming here spewing your bile & having to read such helpful replies! 

Have a wonderful Christmas! (Mind those 3 ghosts) 

Message 15 of 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I've just worked out that you could have checked your usage 47.6 times whilst posting on the community.

Merry Xmas from another old shyster (note the shortened use of Christmas to save a little time)

Obviously you don't multi-task @george321. I'm writing this whilst watching tv, having a beer and sucking a large humbug!

Message 16 of 16