cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 Signal Boostbox

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi There,

I have been with 02 for years , Have had many contracts and i moved to a Location 15 years ago but have been loyal with 02 , Signal seemed to have got worse over the years , They brought TUGO App out ... Perfect worked for me like a treat ... They closed to app and i was stuffed ... Thought well i will get my hands on a Boostbox ... Contacted 02/ Resolver sent them a really polite message stating i have two 02 contracts and since the closer of Tugo i'm needing a Boostbox ... "We can offer you a Boostbox for £90" Yes please i will take it ... 6 Days later ... You got it ... Sat at home with Full Bars of Signal. 

I will continue to stay with 02. Thanks Guys.

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23061 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

So O2 removes a free service, then offers you a boost box that you have to pay £90 for, and you think you got a good deal.

Did you know that EE and Three offer free calls and texts over WiFi?

Oh, and did you also know that we've seen posts on here where O2 have offered boost boxes to some for free?

Yeah. You got a really good deal.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
You’re happy which is the most important bit wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Good to hear you actually got a signal @Anonymous. That must be a bonus for you...Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Let them get theirs free. I'm happy paying £90. Much better than the TUGO App and i get full bars inside and outside of my house with the box (everywhere else around where i live is perfectly fine) ... So yeah in my eyes i did get a good deal free or paid. 

Message 5 of 19

PhoneChanger
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
Sadly, boost boxes are a bit of a con really, as you're simply using your home broadband to provide the mobile signal and link to the phone service. You're already paying for your broadband...
Message 6 of 19

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Well it's a solution that works and if I was in the same situation I would happily pay £90 for the boost box. 

Message 7 of 19

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23061 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

This is a purely personal opinion, but I find some of the replies in this thread truly astounding. I guess some people are happy, or would be happy to get ripped off. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me, particularly when there are alternatives.Bang

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm happy to of paid the £90. Some would argue and say they would want theirs free or they will go to a different company that offers wifi calling etc etc .... I'm a happy customer and i'm proud to admit i'm with 02 despite their faults. At end of the day its a one off payment of £90 and its done and dusted ... I don't personally have a problem doing that (knowing i get what i want out of it) so again for me ... Win Win. 

Message 9 of 19

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
As I said, the main thing is that you are happy.
That's what's important slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 19