cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 Refresh Upgrade!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a blackberry 8520 on simplicity 100 month contract with bolt-ons and i have just upgraded my phone using the refresh option via the website to a samsung galaxy s4 that is ment to be delivered some time tomorow. I have noticed that all the info of the blackberry has been replaced with the new contract and samsung info on my account and also the same number is also listed on the new contract.

Do i need to cancelmy old contract and bolt-ons myself or has this been done automaticly when they changed my info on the account, Also does this meen my number has been registered to the new device for me.

Just dont want any surprises a month down the line like finding out that im paying for two contracts.

Message 1 of 16
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

You do not need to cancel your old contract. 'If you haven't requested a number change than yes, the number should be registered to your new device.

Not sure if bolt-ons are cancelled when you upgrade, @MI5, can you assist on that please

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

You do not need to cancel your old contract. 'If you haven't requested a number change than yes, the number should be registered to your new device.

Not sure if bolt-ons are cancelled when you upgrade, @MI5, can you assist on that please

Message 2 of 16

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

It should all be done in one go for you and you'll be left with the new contract only.

You will see two direct debits as the phone and airtime are billed separately.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking on my account all the info for the blackberry hasbeen replaced with the new mobile info including the bolt-on info. Just worried with that as when i first had the blackberry they had put iphone bolt-on on the acount and that went on for a feew months before i realized. But as the bolt-on is added seperatly to an account im not sure if i needed to remove them or they would pick up on that and do it with the change of contract. Maybe as there notshowing the old info now they may have canceled all in one. Including the transfer of the number that i thought i may have had  to do manually.

Message 4 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

It should all be cancelled, you can always keep your eye on the bill, and if you're worried, contact o2 via phone and ask if your old bolt-ons have been cancelled

Message 5 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

I shall do and thank you both for your help, Mostly apreciated 8-)

Message 6 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I shall do and thank you both for your help, Mostly apreciated 8-)

you're very welcome and enjoy your new phone! :))

Message 7 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you, I can't wait!
Message 8 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thank you, I can't wait!

I've had the s3, great phone, but back to the iPhone again slight_smile

Message 9 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't know how to us this 02 refresh. How long do you have to wait after starting a contract if you saw another phone you want? Do you have to pay up the old contract?
Message 10 of 16