Did you mean: 

02 Open & Mobile Broadband

TViney
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi All,

I’ve recently taken out a Mobile Broadband contract and registered for o2 Open.

My issue is that when I log into o2 Open, the Mobile Broadband contract is showing up as a Phone Contract; which I can see becoming an issue when I upgrade my actual phone and try and add it to o2 Open; as it will only allow to you to add one of each type of contract.

I’ve spoken to online chat and Customer Service who’ve said it won’t become an issue, but neither filled me with much confidence.

Anyone had the same issue?

Tom

Message 1 of 16
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TViney
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

UPDATE:

An o2 ‘Platinum Guru’ has been in touch today to confirm that the 20% discount that has been applied is correct.

I then emailed them the attached screenshots which led me to believe the level of discount shours be 40%.

4523A09D-8321-48C6-B003-41798984CD3B.jpeg

9107FC0E-C48E-4B96-B7B3-73723719B152.jpeg

Their reply; the website is ‘missing’ the information relating to mobile broadband and the 20% discount is indeed correct.

249956C1-30A6-46C4-A68D-D1EF84CE2328.jpeg

I was hoping they would honour the 40%, but no such luck . . . 😝

Tom

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
When upgrading it shouldn't be a problem as I had a tablet and paid it off then upgraded to handset so it wasn't a problem at all can't help about i2 open sorry
Message 2 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You should call back and get customer service to correct it before it becomes an issue for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 16

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Yes you need to sort it now because once you get further down the line you are going to have a hell of a job to sort it out. Please do not use live chat for this.

Message 4 of 16

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @TViney, and welcome to the forum slight_smile Have you made any progress on getting this corrected since you last posted? Please let us know how you're getting on!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 16

TViney
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Hi Emilie,
Thanks. I contacted Customer Services, and now have more issues than I started with . . .
The discount has been applied at 20%, not the 40% that is advertised and has also been applied against a 'phone' which I don't have. Someone promised to call me back yesterday, that never happened. 🙈
Message 6 of 16

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @TViney, I'd happily check on my end if there's anything we could do to help sort this out - I'll drop you a quick PM (Private Message on the forum) now to get some more details slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 7 of 16

MI5
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Sounds like they have applied Family Plan discount rather than Open?
Can you check this @EmilieT ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 16

MI5
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Snap wink

Currently using:
Message 9 of 16

TViney
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Thanks again, I've just replied to your PM 🙂
Message 10 of 16