Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Level 1: Joiner
Accepted Solution

02 Open & Mobile Broadband

[ Edited ]

Hi All,

I’ve recently taken out a Mobile Broadband contract and registered for o2 Open.

My issue is that when I log into o2 Open, the Mobile Broadband contract is showing up as a Phone Contract; which I can see becoming an issue when I upgrade my actual phone and try and add it to o2 Open; as it will only allow to you to add one of each type of contract.

I’ve spoken to online chat and Customer Service who’ve said it won’t become an issue, but neither filled me with much confidence.

Anyone had the same issue?

Tom

Level 15: Gaining a Reputation

Re: 02 Open & Mobile Broadband

When upgrading it shouldn't be a problem as I had a tablet and paid it off then upgraded to handset so it wasn't a problem at all can't help about i2 open sorry
Topics: 531
Solutions: 11,167

You should call back and get customer service to correct it before it becomes an issue for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)
Topics: 547
Solutions: 3,412

Yes you need to sort it now because once you get further down the line you are going to have a hell of a job to sort it out. Please do not use live chat for this.

Community Manager

Hi @TViney, and welcome to the forum slight smile Have you made any progress on getting this corrected since you last posted? Please let us know how you're getting on!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
iPhone 11 megathread! - Find out the latest info on the i Phone 11!
Priority gig tickets calendar - Check out the latest tickets available on Priority!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Hi Emilie,
Thanks. I contacted Customer Services, and now have more issues than I started with . . .
The discount has been applied at 20%, not the 40% that is advertised and has also been applied against a 'phone' which I don't have. Someone promised to call me back yesterday, that never happened. 🙈
Community Manager

Hi @TViney, I'd happily check on my end if there's anything we could do to help sort this out - I'll drop you a quick PM (Private Message on the forum) now to get some more details slight smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
iPhone 11 megathread! - Find out the latest info on the i Phone 11!
Priority gig tickets calendar - Check out the latest tickets available on Priority!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Sounds like they have applied Family Plan discount rather than Open?
Can you check this @EmilieT ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:

Snap Smiley Wink

Currently using:

Thanks again, I've just replied to your PM 🙂