Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

02 Ireland Roaming rates

Anyone got news on the 02 UK roaming rate. Given that the new EU roaming rates come into play early next week O2 have been very very very slow to publish theirs.

O2 Ireland have sext a text message out stating that from 01 July their rates will be:

From 1st July roaming in the EU costs even less - all EU calls cost 52c/min to make+ 23c/min to receive, inc VAT. Send a text for 13c+ receive for free. FromO2.

Which works out at 44p to make, 23p to receive and 11p per text, or there abouts!

Its time o2 UK got their finger out, as it is Im going to take a vodafone sim with me in August to poland and same to ireland next week
Highlighted
Anonymous

02 Ireland Roaming rates

Erm, O2 UK is already cheaper for calls, 35p to make, 18p to receive. Texts are higher at 25p but do come out of your free allowance at the rate of 4 free messages per one text sent from overseas.
Highlighted
Anonymous

02 Ireland Roaming rates

Maybe so but my understanding was Texts were to drop to 11p in line with eu ruling?

Three have released thers: 34p to make, 15 to recive, 11p a text and £1.25 a MB. If you are in Ireland its 10p and 10p a MB. Come on o2.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Robbed

Have just been to Ireland and been robbed for checking a few emails and browsing the web on a PAYG iPhone - £40 in two days with o2 ireland - their sister company :robotmad: :robotmad: :robotmad: :robotmad: Anyone else suffering from this
Highlighted
Anonymous

02 Ireland Roaming rates

Oh yes we all have had. All the networks will tell you they have no control over it, even if the network is owned by them.

Makes you wonder, in this day and age, using your mobile in the south of Ireland should be the same as the rest of the UK. Think of how I feel living in the North and each time im close to a cell or mask Im charged roaming costs. Portrush is one, miles away from the souuth, 50 plus mils if not double yet hit an Ireland network mask and Im roaming.
Highlighted
Anonymous

02 Ireland Roaming rates

As someone who uses their phone a lot overseas, i'm the first to say that international pricing is scandalous.

But you can't really blame O2 if you fail to check out the overseas pricing and moderate your usage accordingly...
Highlighted
Anonymous

02 Ireland Roaming rates

No one raised the issue about not checking roaming prices the issue was they are a rip off and I not o2 have yet to advise what their roaming rates will be from 01 July ie tomorrow for those who are confused!

My point was I am being screwed by the networks in respect of roaming when I am on the o2 nwtwork in NI and charged roaming rates no matter what they are wen I am on the o2 nwtwork in the south or for those english folks who dont understand. How would you like to go to scotland from london and be charged roaming rates, like we are in the north the min we hit a cell from the south even when wer are still in the north ie the UK!
Highlighted
Anonymous

02 Ireland Roaming rates

Oh yes we all have had. All the networks will tell you they have no control over it, even if the network is owned by them.
Makes you wonder, in this day and age, using your mobile in the south of Ireland should be the same as the rest of the UK. Think of how I feel living in the North and each time im close to a cell or mask Im charged roaming costs. Portrush is one, miles away from the souuth, 50 plus mils if not double yet hit an Ireland network mask and Im roaming.

Use manual network selection on your handset, it wont roam on another network then.