Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 Fraud

fitter
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello everyone i was wondering if anyone can give me some help or point me in the right direction

It apears my daughter has been a vitim of the upgrade scam (posing as carphone warehouse).

Now she has reported it to 02 and the police aswell as the bank.

Now everyone has dealt with it execpt 02 who have said the fraud team will ring back and then DENYING the fraud team even exists!.

She keep getting threatening letters regarding this saying she has been cut off ! we are going to take action etc

But it doesnt seem to be ending anybody have any ideas how to sort this? we have a phone of theirs that they wont take back and dont seem intrested in sorting at all

Please help lol!

Thanks for reading

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

JPT
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hi there, a little bit late to send a reply, but I’ve only just read this. To be honest I have no real answer that’s an identical problem. The only difference being I will send an iPad and I don’t actually have an account with O2 at all.I was told it was being sent to the fraud department about two months ago and I have been ringing the customer services department regularly for updates. 

The iPad was delivered mid December and left on my doorstep by DHL. Since then l have been told by o2 l would hear from their fraud department within 10 days, then 3 days, then 28 days and then 3 days! The last one being 2 weeks ago.

In the meantime I have had numerous letters threatening me with being cut of (l have never been on ( I’m with EE), court action, bailiffs, selling the debt to another company and reminding me that it would affect my credit score! When l ring to say l find the letters intimidating, and request to speak to their fraud department, l get put off by being told they can’t tell me anything as it’s being ‘investigated’. So l know how you feel. I am on the forum in search if help, and one person is trying for me.

If your daughter’s issue is sorted, l would be really grateful if you could give me any ideas as to where to go next. Thanks for reading this.

Message 11 of 11