Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

£0 Balance - gone on private wi-fi usage?

I have just joined 02 with an unlimited PAYG sim. I put an initial £10 credit on it.

I have been using the internet on my phone accessing (I think) through my own wireless.

My balance is £0. Where did my £10 go? I have made no calls or texts.

I am still managing to access the internet on my phone so presumably I'm not being charged for this? In which case just where did the £10 credit go?

Help very much appreciated!
Anonymous

Can you confirm which tariff you are on? (there are several which offer various things unlimited).
Anonymous

It's TALKALOT. I haven't bought any bolt ons or anything else with the £10 credit.
Anonymous

Talkalot is your calling plan (what you are charged when your free allowance is used up), its not the name of your tariff.
The best thing to do is contact O2 and ask them what tariff you are on and what used up your credit.
Anonymous

Thanks! Will do.
Anonymous

Got in touch with o2 and the £10 did indeed disappear because I used the internet on my iphone! I'm confused, for using my own wi-fi?

"You've been charged for using Internet on your mobile phone. You've O2 Unlimited tariff. You're charged £3 per Mb for Internet usage."

I can't really believe that o2 charged for accessing my own wi-fi on my iphone.

What's more if they do indeed do that then how am I continuing to access the internet on my iphone since my Pay and Go balance has been depleted?

Just found this thread elsewhere on the forum that says "Personal Wifi is always free, as its yours."

viewtopic.php?p=2238

Is it? I thought it should be, but in practice I've lost a tenner doing it.
Anonymous

You've been charged for using cellular data, not wifi.
Anonymous

Thanks for your reply. Sorry, could you tell me what cellular data is please? I've found some of the settings on my phone relating to it; cellular data and data roaming are both off?
Topics: 296
Kudos: 1,856
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

Cellular data is using o2's data network over 3g, edge and gprs. I.E. sendind data to the internet/ email using the mobile network instead of using it to make vioce calls.

there is still a data leakage the best way if you never want to use cell data is to corrupt the cell data apn's

Settings > general> network> cellular data network> put a 1 at the start and the end of each of the 3 apn lines then turn iphone off and back on.

should prevent any cell data usage
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services