cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

travelling to usa

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi 

im travelling to sanfransisco what is the best way to use my phone was thinking of a pay as you go sim

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
This will work, however it is not part of the inclusive roaming so I believe the charge is £5 per day for usage.

You may be better off with a three pay as you go sim as they are cheaper
Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144299 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
The best way is to get a local sim whilst there or take a Three UK PAYG sim with you.
O2 will charge you £4.99 a day for use on o2 travel which is expensive if you just want to send the odd text.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144299 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
You may also need to unlock your phone to use a different sim.
How to here
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-S...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

MercedesS
Former Staff
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous,

Please let us know how it went so we can learn!!! You can find all the information about Using your phone abroad (PAYG) and even How to prevent accidental roaming here.

And you should check the page: How much does it cost to use my phone abroad? to know as a "Pay As You Go customers", how much you will be charged when calling or texting from the USA. We hope it helps! 

We hope to see you around soon Wave Enjoy the trip! 

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 5 of 5