cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

over charge

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Today I got my first bill and I think it is over charge! Last month I've sight contract with smallbiz 11£ plus vat but today I got invoice £26.71. I've check my invoice online and I didn't over use my data, calls or massage all cost it is 00.00. So why my bill so big? So now you are going to charge my every month for 30£ for nothing???. When I want to cancel my contract.

My details.

[Removed]

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
Hi

Please edit your post to remove your personal data as this isn't O2 you are talking to here.

The first months bill is always slightly higher than usual as it contains part of the month when you joined and the full month you are about to go into
Message 2 of 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

It#s not slightly higher. it is hight. So why nobody tells that you first bill can to be slightly higher then you sight contract. so how can I sort this problem it not fair that I need to pay slightly higher for nothing, I want to complain about that. instead of 11£ I getting 30£. I want to cancel contract, how can I do that? I think now every month it is gonna to be same thing.

Message 4 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

If you want to cancel your contract then follow the advice in this link https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/hig...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 9

PhoneChanger
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
If you are on a refresh contract you will just need to pay off your device plan and you are then free to leave.

If you are on a non-refresh or business tariff you will need to pay of the remaining months of your contract if you are beyond the 14 days.

If you sign in to MyO2 it should tell you what your monthly line rental charges are and this should give you an indication of what your ongoing per month costs will be assuming you don't go over your allowances.
Message 6 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It seems to me that you have gone over your allowances or made international calls and texts which are not included.
Your allowances are for UK use only and any travel outside of UK will also be charged extra.
If you log into your MyO2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2 you can see a breakdown of your charges and what they are for.
Let us know what it says please.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 9

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Could it be that the 11 is the tariff price while (some of) the rest is down to a device plan?
Can you clarify please @Anonymous, where did you sign the contract, and what for?
o2 now do refresh, where you have a payment for your calls/texts/data, and a payment for your device (phone).
It may well be that the total to pay is correct once you account for this, plus the first month charge.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 8 of 9

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous How are you getting on? It would be great to hear if you managed to find out about the charges? Any help from the above responses? slight_smile

Message 9 of 9