cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

over 18 websites restriction HELP

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear, I am trying unlock over 18 websites since Tuesday 14/02/17 and did pay £1 to verified my credit card. Since Tuesday I am waiting for the adult websites to be unlocked. I keep calling every day o2 customer service and every one telling me the same story it will unlocked within 24h ! Absolutely rubbish ! Did call Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday (today) On Friday 17/02 even I went to o2 shop and been told the same story "wait 24h" and been given this ref no. xxxxxxxxxx I am really fed up ! This must be a technical issue. I am brand new customer moved my number from EE if they can not unlock it i don't want keep contract with o2 !

Message 1 of 40
39 REPLIES 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous You must persevere with customer service as they are the ones who can lift the bar. If you were to cancel your contract then you will be liable for all termination charges 

Message 2 of 40

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous You must persevere with customer service as they are the ones who can lift the bar. If you were to cancel your contract then you will be liable for all termination charges 

Indeed @Anonymousis correct, although if you're on a refresh contract (CPW sell non refresh) you can pay off your device and give 30 days notice to cancel the airtime contract.

Maybe put a complaint in as well, using this new service; https://www.resolver.co.uk/

Message 3 of 40

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Anonymous How long since you transferred in from EE to o2 this may be an issue are all other services working ok?

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 5 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

The number transfered on 13/02

How can I pay for services when I can not use in fully ? All other services ok.  

Message 6 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just thinking maybe a new sim will solve the problem? Maybe they should get me a repleacement sim?

Just waiting for call back from o2 customer service.......Will see 

Message 7 of 40

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

So a day after your number transfer you requested the unblocking of the 18 restriction and it has not applied . I guess that was via the automated system as you say about the £1 charge . As the automated system is via a 3rd party this may be the issue. Normal customer service can lift the restriction without the payment as they already have the proof of over 18 . 

I just feel this is the change from EE has caused the issue as certain systems may not have caught up yet.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 8 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

Exacly right ! What i have done... But now customer service is doing this every day " sending a for" to get the barier lifted.... But nothing happening 

So what should I do ?  Will new sim from o2 help? 

Message 9 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 will likely not call back so you may need to chase them again 

Message 10 of 40