cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

only refresh available for existing customers?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is it right that if I want to upgrade I have to pay £15 a month more to receive the same minutes, texts and data as my current tarrif (which I switched to on Nov 26th) to pay for the refresh product which I will never use? If so looks like EE will be getting new customers of myself, my family, so far 8 friends and their families
Message 1 of 39
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
38 REPLIES 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

You could just keep on the tariff your on now and buy a handset as sim free.

Have you called o2 on 202 or looked in myo2 to see what the options are ?

i agree you must go where the best deal is.

Does ee give you strong signal where you live, work and commute.

Use an ee payg sim to check them out.

Unlock your phone for free while your on the o2 network. That is if you decide to leave by asking for your PAC Code etc.

Message 2 of 39

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
CPW do non refresh upgrades on O2 network if you'd prefer not to have refresh....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, yes I called 202 to try to compare refresh tarrifs with normal only to be told that as an existing customer I can only have a refresh contract.
Just wanted to confirm before spreading the word and switching to ee - I have been with O2 for more than 10 years and refuse to pay for something I don't want
Message 4 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi, yes I called 202 to try to compare refresh tarrifs with normal only to be told that as an existing customer I can only have a refresh contract.
Just wanted to confirm before spreading the word and switching to ee - I have been with O2 for more than 10 years and refuse to pay for something I don't want

Entirely your choice but do check CPW first.

I have an EE contract with work and we are changing due to abysmal coverage all over the UK.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you get ee expect great data speeds but don't expect to be able to make a phone call they weren't on watchdog for nothing
Message 7 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks band of brothers, that pretty much confirms that I can only go to refresh.

MI5 - I'm in Leicester and EE are the sole masts in a few of the villages and have a far better coverage than O2. I have though about switching a few times over the years as I get no signal at some friends houses but always stuck with O2, guess this was the push I needed
Message 8 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

You're welcome.

Take care.

Welcome

Message 9 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
I do find it a little odd that O2 only now seem to offer refresh and don't give the option of a normal contract
Message 10 of 39