Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new package - unusual circumstance

Jenny105
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Hi        What sort of questions should I be asking 02 re a package/pay as you go.?

Ive been paying 15.00 for free texts , about 50 a month, calls about 5 a month as I couldnt hear them, www hardly ever used as I didnt know how, extra apps 2.  (This package was not 02 fault but another seller  who operates from a warehouse and sells phones that deaf people cant hear.)

I can now change my package with 02 but my circumstance is somewhat thought provoking. If youve followed my 2 posts re mobile phone for older lady- partially hearing, you may know my position

1 I am quite deaf at certain sound levels

2 A mobile phone has been found which seems to meet my needs hearing wise.

It is small mobile phone

Text   which I and family use a lot

Calls of which I may now make some but probably not many, and only outside of the home or when on holiday if needed.

There is some internet use which I havent set up but would use for basic items on occassion outside the home.

I enquired of 02 a few weeks ago .The cheapest was 9.00 and  included free texts and 10 free numbers. (my contacts are around 15-20)  Occasional use for both.  There doesnt seem to be a package for the older person or deaf person or any disabled person SO FOLKS what do your  '' thinking caps'' come up with??Cat

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
The current PAYG tariffs are displayed here and they are your only choice from o2 https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/pay-as-you-go/
I'm actually interested in what a tariff for a deaf person would be, in your opinion?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Hi @Jenny105 To be honest you really are the expert on phones for the hearing disabled.

O2 offer a fair deal policy for all... whether disabled or elderly. (I am 'quite old' so know this for a fact)

I think the package at the current rate seems fair enough to me. I bought my phone outright and took advantage of a sim only deal which allowed me half price payment for the first 6months. This works out at £9 a month but goes up to £18 in June. That offer ended Feb 1st though so you have missed out on that...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

To add...my sim only package includes Unlimited texts and Unlimited minutes and 2GB of data

This suits my needs ...

If you look in the O2 shop you will see exactly what they have on offer https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/pay-as-you-go/  It also covers sim only deals

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
The current PAYG tariffs are displayed here and they are your only choice from o2 https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/pay-as-you-go/
I'm actually interested in what a tariff for a deaf person would be, in your opinion?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 9

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Just my luck!! I was offered that one but because of trying to find  a phone I could use and problems with a prime number site . I didnt take it at the time !

Maybe I'll use my spare pay as you go card. And pop in and out of the local store looking for new deals.

Thanks

Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
If you look at the link I posted you can get double data on some of the tariffs if you get it before March 29th.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 9

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
M15. not 100% sure. I use text to a few family and friends. The percentage on my chart is tiny. Phone calls were zilch. I'm not paying for a phone as none are available at 02 as yet. But I am paying for all of 02s network and staffing of course.
So which is the lions share of the deal? Call and texts or 02 delivery. ! I might be feeling hard done by- it goes with the condition. Maybe Its worth 15.00 to be on the end of a text if family need me.
Message 7 of 9

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
You might be better off long term if you went onto the classic PAYG tariff which is more suited to low users.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Jenny105  Is it essential for you to be with O2? Are there other networks that you get a good signal from in the places you frequent most?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 9