cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my last bill

Anonymous
Not applicable

I asked in a O2 store today about my bill ,    and do to me using more than the allotted minutes the 1and a half hours cost £69 ,00    , 

he said  i should have received a text or email  to notify me , if i HAD THEN  I WOULD HAVE WATCHED MY USAG AND KNOW ABOUT 60 P A MINUTE ,

NOT HAPPY

MARK WIDDOWSON 

Message 1 of 16
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You should check your allowances in your MyO2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2
There are no warnings sent out about min or text usage. The only warnings you get are for data.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous If you go over your allocated allowances then you will be charged extra. It's in the terms and conditions. You could make a complaint that you didn't receive a text but I doubt it will help

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 16

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You should check your allowances in your MyO2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2
There are no warnings sent out about min or text usage. The only warnings you get are for data.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

The onus is on you to check your allowances & charges not o2

Message 4 of 16

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I do appreciate that as adults there are various ways to check remaining allowances and we are responsible for checking. 

However they can send out texts to say we are running out of data, for which we can't go over and incur charges, yet no warning for texts/minutes because they are chargeable at ridiculous rates

AM I just being cynical that this is the reason texts aren't sent? 

Message 5 of 16

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Reasonable assumption mate.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

this is second time i have asked    my usage went over  tarrif rate set  but the store stated you would send a alert by mobile text or email    which you neglected to do

so  I would have been aware  and eased off calls

Message 7 of 16

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Good morning @Anonymous.

Firstly, you are not speaking to o2 Customer Services. This a customer-to-customrr forum for assistance with any and all mobile problems except those account-related. You need to telephone Customer Services to sort out your problem.

Secondly, as far as I'm aware alerts are only generated for data usage and not phone calls.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 8 of 16

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

All explained in your previous thread

this section is about o2 home a home automation system  . Nothing to do with bills 

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 9 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@AnonymousObviously thought he was emailing customer services when he posted his first thread (highlighted above. ) Had he come back, he would've realised. Let's hope he comes back to this one. Asked for it to be merged..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 16