cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ifitness

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have two mobiles that I pay for with O2.
My daughter has just informed me that she has been charged £3.00 for an unknown, undownloaded app.
I then checked my phone and noted that the same was charged to my bill.
Totalling £ 6.00.
Whats going on O2 on looking for help re this via the net, we aren't the first ones thst this has happened too.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27616 Solutions
It's a common scam that you have unwittingly signed up for via a facebook link or similar.
Help here but you must do the work yourself to fix it https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premi...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
TBH it's nothing to do with O2
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I do not check my bills on regular basis as overall amount is around £40 but last month I did and noticed bill was about £12 extra. So I checked itemised bill on O2 app and found I have been charges for some iFitness service, which I am completely unaware of. Quickly went to live chat with O2 guys and ensured any Premium services are barred from now on. They gave me a contact number 03333217014 for the company responsible for those texts. Rang them and they accepted their fault straight away and said I shall receive a refund through a text (within 10 weeks) that will have a code and I shall need to take that to any Post Office and they will give me cash. I did receive text mssage within two weeks, the only issue was it was for £30 and the charges were £36.00 Anyway, took it to Post Office, received £30.00 cash. Rang them again to get the remaining £6.00 but they refused saying, they can only go back to 30 days, so if there were any charges before that, you will not get refund. So check your bills regularly people. Time is money, it is proven now.

Message 4 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122796 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Thanks for posting your experience @Anonymous. It will certainly help others to recover money paid to these scammers. Your best advice though was to 'check your bill thoroughly each month'.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27616 Solutions
Confirms that the advice we give is correct. Thank you for letting us know.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 7

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6965 Solutions

Well done. I knew they refunded but didn't know it was by text. Still, that's how they take it.... 

Message 7 of 7