cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error 500 when trying to top up

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've topped up before, but now I just keep getting this error 500. Sucks a lot when your employer is waiting for your call. I then tried to add my phone number to my account thinking that maybe that would help, but even that doesn't work and gives me the same error 500. Come on guys... get your ****** together. Why can't I top up? What circles of hell do I need to pass now, to be able to use my phone again?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Probably best if you buy a voucher for now and see how that goes @Anonymous

Other ways to top up here. Scroll down to PAYG https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-Pay-and-Go/How-can-I-pay-my-bill/ba-p/1014090

Edited to add ..this may just be a system error and will sort itself out..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It's not uncommon to experience issues with the o2 website.
Try clearing your cache or using a different browser.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried both, and also tried calling 4444. I'll go to the store tomorrow when they are open again. Seems that a lot of people have had this problem. Why don't they fix it? At least write something about what could be causing the problem so I can try to solve it if the issue is my fault. But no, just error 500, bye, do whatever you want.

Message 4 of 4