cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

emergency phone - regular top up no longer required?

bpb
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I realise that chargeable events (calls, texts) must be made at least 6 monthly. Also I was previously told that I needed to top up every 900 or so days to retain the number and credit. However, I could not find this condition in the current T & Cs. Am I missing something (I have a large credit on my account and do not want to top it up until I have run it low)? Thanks for any info.

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Every 999 days and a chargeable call every 6 months
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Every 999 days and a chargeable call every 6 months
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 10

bpb
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the reply. I could not find a reference to 999 days or any epiry period in T and Cs, providing a chargeable event occurs each 6 months. If you have a reference to the 999 days expiry, please let me know.

https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/on-pay-and-go-our-service-terms-are-worth-a-read

Message 3 of 10

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

There has never been reference to this in the terms and conditions but we were told by an O2 staff member on here.

Perhaps @Martin-O2 can check this info is correct? 

Message 4 of 10

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for the mention @jonsie

@bpb I'll query this with the team now and get back to you once I have an answer. smiling

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It's always been accepted as fact but no one has ever seen it mentioned anywhere other than been told previously by o2 staff.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 10

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
It's always been accepted as fact but no one has ever seen it mentioned anywhere other than been told previously by o2 staff.

We'll try to get conformation of the rules around this! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 7 of 10

bpb
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you, Martin. I assume that O2 have not yet confirmed whether the 999 day limit is still applicable for top-ups. If so, I would need to use up by £82 credit before November and then top up £10 then.

I did try their online chat service and I was told incorrectly that I had to top up every 6 months as well as make a call in that time.

Any further news would be appreciated.

Message 8 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@bpb wrote:

Thank you, Martin. I assume that O2 have not yet confirmed whether the 999 day limit is still applicable for top-ups. If so, I would need to use up by £82 credit before November and then top up £10 then.

I did try their online chat service and I was told incorrectly that I had to top up every 6 months as well as make a call in that time.

Any further news would be appreciated.

Hi @bpb yes O2 confirmed the 999 day limit is still applicable... as is the need for a chargeable activity (call or text) every 6 months..

Confirmation here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Tariff/m-p/1075447/highlight/true#M136627

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 10

bpb
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks very much for that, Cleoriff.

Message 10 of 10