Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You pay for the phone and airtime separately so you have two direct debits. The device plan is simply put an HP agreement to pay for the phone. 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
A place with a device on it so you can separate it from your airtime plan
Message 2 of 7

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You pay for the phone and airtime separately so you have two direct debits. The device plan is simply put an HP agreement to pay for the phone. 

Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been told i would only be paying the contract payment which is £80 a month for two phones.

so why is device plan coming up with an extra £30? is there any way we can get rid of that 

Message 4 of 7

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I've been told i would only be paying the contract payment which is £80 a month for two phones.

so why is device plan coming up with an extra £30? is there any way we can get rid of that 

Not if on a Refresh deal. The two payments should add up to what you agreed when taking out the contract.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/A-Guide-To-O2-Refresh/td-p/877701

If this is your first bill look here.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/first-bill

Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
The contract payment will only include the airtime. As Jonsie said above the device plan is the payment for the phones on a refresh deal.

The only way to get down to the £80 it would seem would be to pay off the device plan.

If you are still within your 14 days cooling off period you can still cancel your plan and only be charged for what you have used.
Message 6 of 7

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous how are you doing? Lots of information above from our helpful members - is it all clear with what the device plan is or do you have any further questions? Please let us know how you're getting on. slight_smile

Cheers for your help @jonsie, @Anonymous! smiling

Message 7 of 7