Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

charged for being asked if I want to leave a message when call not answered

sparkyA1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 18 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I noticed that when I called a number and it was not answered I was asked if I wanted to leave a message on Voice Mail. I was then charged a fee for being asked this even tough I did not leave a message and had closed the call after it was not answered. Is this correct? How much do they charged for asking me if I want to leave a message? Thanks. 

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143417 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
The call was connected or else it would have just cut out.
It connected to the recorded announcement hence the min 1 minute charges you have been billed for.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

PAYG or contract? 

Have you looked in My O2? This isn't customer service so we have no access to tour account. 

You need to call them. 

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Message 2 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Out of interest @sparkyA1 were you calling abroad or a UK based number?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 143417 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
The recorded message you hear means the call has been connected so you will be charges a minimum of 1 minute call charges.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 7

sparkyA1
  • 18 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No I was calling a UK  O2 number. I was not connected to the number - the number did not reply and then the recorded message came in from O2 asking if I wanted to leave a message. Then noticed I had been charged I think it was 30p.

Message 5 of 7

sparkyA1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 18 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No I had definitely not been connected. The call was timed out and message said the person cannot reply or words to that effect. I was then charged 30p after being asked if I wanted to leave a message. I tried calling again a few mins later and the same thing happened and I was charged another 30p!

Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 143417 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
The call was connected or else it would have just cut out.
It connected to the recorded announcement hence the min 1 minute charges you have been billed for.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7