cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't pay bill

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think either I or the O2 person misspelled my email when I signed up for a Pay Monthly thing. I had Pay As You Go before. Now when I try to access my bill, "My O2 products and services" only gives me O2 wifi. I can't access my bill and therefore can't pay for my phone. I went to talk to people in the store and spent 30 min with a person who eventually advised me to create a new gmail account under the misspelled name, as I can't change the username since O2 send the verification link to the non-existant, misspelled email address. She also talked to someone on Live Chat and they sent me some link and I managed to change something, now when I try accessing my o2 with the misspelled email/username it says "The details you've given us don't match our records, so we've redirected you to this page to help you sign in". When I try to access it with the correct one, it says "Oops. We've had problems finding your account
Click here and that should solve it." So I click "there" and it takes me back to my empty o2 page with the O2 Wifi. I was told to wait 24h for changes to take effect and now it's been like 72 or more. The people in the store seem useless and I don't want to talk to anyone on the phone due to social anxiety

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144318 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
I'm afraid you may have to call CS on 202 to resolve this.
Once you gain access to your MyO2 you can change your email address online or CS can do it for you over the phone and provide you with a log in password.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
  • 144318 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
I'm afraid you may have to call CS on 202 to resolve this.
Once you gain access to your MyO2 you can change your email address online or CS can do it for you over the phone and provide you with a log in password.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@AnonymousOnce you have sorted this out via CS, could I suggest you set up a direct debit for future payments as per the terms and conditions of your contract? This would avoid any future problems with bill payments.

Further info on how to pay your bill here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-Pay-and-Go/How-can-I-pay-my-bill/ba-p/1014090

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 3