Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who is 'at fault'

amici-pat
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 59 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I was recently away from home for a few days, during which time my mobile bill was due.   Having recently changed banks I had not had time to set up Direct Debit payments.    On the date my payment was due, I logged into my O2 Accounts and made the required payments which were accepted and 'verified by Visa'.

However, I started receiving messages on my 'phones that I had not paid my bills, and, eventually they cut off my services.    Each time I tried to make a call I was just diverted to an automated payment service so could not speak to anyone at O2 to find out what had happened.

During my trip I had no access to the internet so was feeling very cut off.  

Upon my return home I had received 2 e-mails from O2 stating that my payments were not taken as something had 'gone wrong' at my bank and I was told to use an alternative method to pay, and get service restored.

I had managed to make a payment on one of the phones, duplicating my payment, as I assumed.

I visited my bank today, and they investigated there and then as there was nothing on the system as to why the payments were not made, but, after a further telephone call, it was found that the reason the payments were not further authorised because the security code numbers had been incorrectly input by O2 when finally trying to take the payment.    They suggested that O2 telephone the bank for confirmation that they were at fault and not me.

Now, I am a pensioner on State Benefits and cannot now pay my other bill until next Monday (pay day).   Assuming my payment had been taken from my bank account, I used the money as shown available in my account whist away from home.

So, I have suffered a curtailment of my services due to no fault of my own?   O2 chat are telling me the only way to get my service back on is to pay the bill.   So, who has broken their Contract me or o2?   I will also have a late/missed payment registered on my Credit File!

Message 1 of 114
113 REPLIES 113

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Whilst not wanting to prolong the thread any further I continue to see question marks throughout this thread. And I still do as the payment history shows the payment not going through. There remains queries all the way through.

What really needs to happen is for the complaints team to look at this from a fresh perspective looking at the whole issue as this thread (as @Cleoriff@ has indicated previously and supported by @Anonymous) has really run its course in terms of what we can offer here.

Agree totally Nick This thread has gone on far too long now. @amici-pat needs her issue sorting and now @Toby  is involved lets hope it is ...and as quickly as is possible.She does not need to justify herself further to us. We are customers and have nothing to do with anyones account. Further speculation is pointless.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 111 of 114

amici-pat
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 59 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Reading the above, so will make this the final post - Account was terminated today. No response from anyone. Will seek help elsewhere - many thanks from those who have tried to help.
Message 112 of 114

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Thanks for updating @amici-pat  and I hope 2015 brings you better fortune than the latter end of 2014!

Message 113 of 114

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi amici-pat,

I have responded to your message should you still be seeking help on this. Let me know slight_smile

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 114 of 114