cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WWE Charges

Anonymous
Not applicable

How can a company charge my account with charges that I haven't asked for, don't need and are not a part of my contract .

I have checked on line and it seems that a lot of people are getting charged this £2.50 per week, for nothing.  You don't know about it until you get your bill and can't get the money back.

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You can get refunded.
Help here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premi...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You can get refunded.
Help here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premi...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like you may have clicked on a link on a social media site 

Message 3 of 13

jonsie
  • 92909 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Invariably its a user error. How are O2 to know you haven't signed up for a subscription?

Put the short code here ans give their customer service a call to get the charges stopped and hopefully a refund.

http://psauthority.org.uk

Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Its a compamy called P.M Direct there phone number is 0333 321 7048 

Phone them and claim your money back. they will try and fob you off with they can only pay you 4 weeks back stand your ground and demand all your money back. Its a massive scam by clicking on a facebook advert from your phone. They then send you a message to opt out of the sevice if you don't text back stop they charge you £2.50 a week. Disgusting how they can do this. 

Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep...just been victim to this myself...I had a text from O2 today asking how my purchase experience was ....I thought eh? what purchases ?.....so I go to my account and noticed 3 suprious charges on my account for "things Ive bought" some WWE service ?????...Wresling apparently...good grief!

From what I can gather somewhere along the line I have clicked a pop up advert whilst on my phone..on FB or You tube ...who knows they even dont .....not subscribed by the way, just clicked an advert probably to just close it tbh ...esp if its anything to do with Wresling ffs!.

You then seem to get some missable vague spurious spam text which any decent blocker would filter....thats where I found it btw..it lookslike any other annoying text advert 90% of us would simply delete asking you to unsubscribe to a service youve never heard of (also informing you of a charge of £2.50 if you subscribe) ...which obviously you dont because why would you click a link in a spam text...and of course you have no knowledge of asking for said service or any interest in it right...so why bother...ignore... more text alla Car accident spam we all know and love.

However apprently it appears your already subscibed now as youve clicked the advert and YOU now need to text STOP at that point...if not ......well......

You then get charged £2.50 per week on your account for some digital wrestling video garbage you

a) have no clue about and

b) have no idea how to consume anyway even if you wanted it.

and by the time you notice they have taken a payment.

So I contacted O2 who have put a block on my service for this type of auto subscription crap and then kindly put me through to these Jokers who seem to indicate that this type of covert slight of hand subscription method is totally acceptable....ie youve signed up without knowing...you didnt notice our deliberaate spamesque text...etc Job done....great!

They are actually called P. M Connect, the number is as per loopy73's. post.

Now the only way to get your money back is for them to send you some post office voucher via your phone that you can then apparently claim the charges back at a local P/O via your phone (I wont hold my breath)...they also tell you your signed up for a minimum period..but they will waive that as a favour ....utter scam but presumably exploiting some loop hole somewhere.

If it wasnt for O2 texting me asking how my purchases were going .... I could have been taken for weeks without noticing the charges.

Be Warned folks

Message 6 of 13

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Good grief!

Currently using:
Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

haha...like the comment above ....user error...how do you work that one out...?

Why on earth would you unsubscribe for service you never knew you subscibed to in the first place ?

Only an idiot would click a link in a spurious looking spam text to cancel a service they never knew they had subscibed to in the first place...that can lead to more issues....probably why they do it this way...any sensible person would simply ignore or delete it.

This is a complete Scam, it subscribes people to a uselss video services underhandedly via pop up adverts on FB or Your Tube probably when your simply trying to close the pop up ad.

Frankly this auto charge subsciption method is exploitable and should be closed off by 02 or better controlled eg:  specifically to concent to the charges before they are applied..not sending you a text weeks later asking you how good the service you never knew you signed up to is...common sense perhaps.. .users are wide open to this abuse ...I for one have asked this method of "open billing" to be removed from my account.

Message 8 of 13

jonsie
  • 92909 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It is a warning for everyone. Spurious links can be accidentally opened by using the X to close it but obviously Facebook is a real earner for these bandits with the amount of users. Kids need to be specially aware. 

I can never understand a parent letting a kiddie play games on a £600 piece of kit where these scammers also prey on the unsuspecting. 

Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well O2 takes more than 50% of those charges and hence allows these dodgy scammers to take your money. O2 should either provide evidence of you subscribing to the services via double optin or refund the money. I have the same issues with them. scums

Message 10 of 13