cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WE ARE O2 AND WE LOVE TO RIP OFF OUR CUSTOMERS

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, my name is o2 and this is the story of a customer who has been with us for over 10 years.

The customer is currently on a 600min/300 o2 to o2 deal with unlimited text and 1gb of data.

The customer was approaching their allocated data allowance so we kindly sent them a text message warning them.

what we didn’t tell the customer was that they had nearly used all their allocated minutes allowance. the customer went on unknowingly and racked up £100 worth of calls in the last 7 days of the monthly tariff.

We are not compassionate, we don’t care and the customer had to pay us.

we have no plans to introduce this text message service to other customers because we want everyone to make this mistake after all, if a customer goes over their data, we don’t get as much money than if they go over their monthly call allowance.

Lots of love

Money grabbing corporate crap

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

or the OP could be like my partner and I (both on O2)

made quick call to my partner and (i thought) disconnected ...

turns out the call did not disconnect, it stayed open, went beyond my 50 minute call allowance (which I have never managed to hit before) and carried on for 2 hours clokcing up a £59 bill.

that's over 3 times my standard pay monthly charge.

of course, O2 say that there was no network fault and I must have made the 2 & half hour call. so i must pay.

perhaps I can ask the NSA for a transcript ...

John

Message 12 of 32

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Ooooops 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ouch.

Tbh the last thing I do after a call is fully ensure the call has disconnected.
Message 14 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

well it's taken me a year of using the phone to achieve this feat ...

Message 15 of 32

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Is it an android phone?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

it is, it's a moto razr i

Message 17 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
We have two posts running here on the same subject.
Message 18 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ripped_off, I share the feeling. Today I had a similar story, received the shocking 160pounds bill when my normal bill is 22 to 35 pounds. Clearly, as you said, an intrinsec duty of care is owed only in the form of giving you the tools for checking your balance. Now, if you are about to run out of data and they want you to buy more, they will contact you and make sure you are well aware, if instead you are raking up a 700% higher bill than normal, they keep it real quiet.

I htink it is curious how when banks see something abnormal in an account they notify you or cancel the cards (because they have to foot the bill otherwise) but O2, oblivious to this fact makes sure they politely remind you how it is written in the terms of your contract.

Was a business model, obviously bringring great things to a society!.

Great O2, you have one more unhappy customer.

Message 19 of 32

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Is this because calls haven't been disconnected or by usage over your allowance?

Message 20 of 32