cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade without my permission

Anonymous
Not applicable
So I've received a load of emails and text messages regarding a new refresh upgrade that I did not make.
Changed my 10gb data to 500mb
New IPhone 6.
I definitely didn't do this as I hate Iphones. I've gone sim only as my m8 works great and is almost new as its an insurance replacement.
Looks like o2 ate trying aggressive sales tactics.
The phone is coming tomorrow. However I can't speak to anyone until tomorrow.
Fix this o2.
This is not a hack or a scammer as they have nothing to gain. The phone is being delivered to MY address. Who from O2 is doing this.
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I will and like @Anonymous the help is appreciated. This is as you can imagine very frustrating. Especially the timeframe is which it happened, which effectively meant that nothing can be done until tomorrow. At which point I will be at work and the phone that I did not order is already on its way.
Message 11 of 14

chrisymon
  • 134 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

It is possible its till a scam they may post it to your current address but these frauders are good and may intercept the delivery on route. If they can order a iphone the  be able to se delivery scheldule and be at address to intercept so dont remove the possibility this is a hack/scam from an outside source be careful

"I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited." Currently using S7 edge
Message 12 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Seems unlikely as the delivery instructions have been Text to myself. Been on the phone most of the morning. Waiting for the fraud squad to ring now. 

Message 13 of 14

chrisymon
  • 134 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

norm,ally with an upgrade they would appy delivery times to you email address as confirmation. This is how frauders work. they order in your name have it sent to you home address then they wait for the delivery van to arrive normally next door then when it arrives jump over approach delivery driver and pretend to be that person waiting for delivery. 

I worked for one off the biggest delivery companies in the uk for 4 years so have a lot of knowledge how they opperate. Just dont approach under any circumstance if you see anyone suspicious  

"I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited." Currently using S7 edge
Message 14 of 14