Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade on us woes

bexinthecity
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 153 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

So I did the 'upgrade on us' thing for the first time when it came up as a pop up on my app. I followed the directions and picked my phone, signed up for the tariff I wanted etc. Then I had a thought after I'd paid my £29.99 up front fee that perhaps I had done it wrong (I am a huge control freak so I have to be sure) and I rang up customer service to check that it was not a new contract and was in fact the upgrade. He confirmed that it was definitely not a new contract, it was an upgrade and that when I take my phone in, all will be good. 

Anyway this morning I log in and now see two separate contracts on my account and ring them up again, explain the situation and the woman tells me that not only have I opened a separate contract but that you cannot use the upgrade on us, online. Only in store (???). 

The phone was in transit to my chosen store so I told her to cancel the new contract because that is not what I wanted, and said I would at a later date go in and sort the upgrade.

She said she was writing down to make a note to call the store at 9am when they opened and once back in stock they'd give me a call. I am having to rely on the trust and word of one employee when my trust in them (on account of the misleading statement made on Friday) is not optimal. So now I am trying not to let my control freakiness take over and believe that they will do as they say.

This is not the best start to my Monday morning.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @bexinthecity, glad to see that you got it fixed! 

We hope to see you around Wave

Thanks everyone for trying to help heartHero

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 12 of 12