cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade for existing o2 customers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi. I was recently thinking about upgrade – especially to get new phone – as my current one is too old to use it. I am on O2 Sim Only Unlimited 12M 6GB which suits my needs very well. I checked o2 offer couple of times on My o2 site and realize o2 don’t value theis customers too much. I went for Moto G5 and tariff 3 GB data, 500 mins, 500 texts for £26 monthly over 24 months. Then I checked same tariff with same phone for a new customer who wants to join you and it is exactly the same price and conditions. I tried to quote upgrade for a better phone ie. Samsung Galaxy S8 and 5 GB data, unlimited text/minutes for £51 a month. For a new customer from high street you are giving exactly the same prices. I want to quote something from my o2 site:

‘You can upgrade now. And because you’re already with us you'll always get our best deals on a new device and tariff.’

I’ve been with o2 for nearly 10 years, nearly 7 years on contract. Can you explain me where is that ‘best deal’ you are talking about because I can't see it anywhere.

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
What that means is that you get the same deal as new customers.
Some companies offer special deals to new customers to entice them in but O2 offer the same deal for all.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
What that means is that you get the same deal as new customers.
Some companies offer special deals to new customers to entice them in but O2 offer the same deal for all.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

Wa10
Level 19: Quirky
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

It's always worth talking with the re-contracts guys @Anonymous, as if you have been a loyal customer for a long time then they may be able to find something to sweeten the deal for you a little - much less likely if you are after a new, flagship handset however.

I know it can be annoying to feel that loyalty isn't rewarded at renewal time, but it's even more annoying to find that loyalty is seemingly punished as with some companies. Only last week I received my car insuance renewal, and with additional discount entitlement and no changes or claims during the year it had increased by some 20%...yet when I asked for a quote from the same company as a new customer the quote came in close to 30% cheaper 😞 

I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited.
Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Same happened to me.
I forgot to renew my car insurance last Sunday - renewal quote was £250.
I tried to renew it on Monday but the website directed me to get a new quote as my renewal quote had expired. I put in all the same details again and the quote came back at £197 - happy days slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 4 of 7

Wa10
Level 19: Quirky
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

Result! 

Mine has cost Privilege the business, as had they at least tried to reward loyalty and leep my business in the first place by offering a close to competitive quote I probably wouldn't have bothered with the hassle of switching, however as they didn't I took the time to search around and have saved a few quid more too in the process.

I dream of a sub-£200 price though, haha. Mine's about double that 😞 

I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited.
Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Benefits of getting old wink

Currently using:
Message 6 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Benefits of getting old wink

*coughs*....rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 7