cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unhappy!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm very annoyed at the fact that o2 has decided to upgrade my sim only contract without my authorisation over the weekend, and sends me a text message on a Sunday evening where I cannot even contact them as they are closed. Why on earth would I upgrade from the 20gb data to a 500mb price plan! Absolute nonsense
Message 1 of 47
46 REPLIES 46

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Keep us up to date please.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 41 of 47

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous I've sent you a private message about this so please get back to me when you can wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 42 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just waiting to hear from the fraud squad at the moment. Helpful customer service added some allowances onto my phone in the meantime however this isn't permanent and have to ring back after the fraud squad get in contact. 

Message 43 of 47

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Just waiting to hear from the fraud squad at the moment. Helpful customer service added some allowances onto my phone in the meantime however this isn't permanent and have to ring back after the fraud squad get in contact. 

However @Anonymous please get in touch via PM with @Martin-O2 as he suggested. The link to do that is in his signature. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 44 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

Turns out it was a lot less straight forward than I'd thought.  

Tarriff was changed from £20 airtime 10gb unlimited minutes/texts to 

£14 airtime 500mb 500minutes unlimited texts. (Bad enough)

plus 

£20 device tariff for a used (almost new) Iphone. (worse)

so £34 in total. 

Anyway. After several phone calls today. 

1 to O2 to try and sort the problem, was told nothing could be done so they added Allowances to my tariff. Great i thought until i realised that on top of the £30 for 20gb i was still going to be charged £20 for the handset. Being a tight month this would have left me overdrawn, with additional bank charges. 

1 to DpD to halt the delivery. They couldn't stop it so had to change the date to give O2 time to stop and recall. 

1 to O2 to contact DpD to Recall the delivery 

Then back to O2 who have now confirmed the Recall and filled in a form to put me on my origional Tariff. Hopefuly this will be the end of it. However I would very much like to find out who has done this. I can't see how an external hacker would waste their time here as the phone is being sent to my address and @Anonymous. This seems very strange. Apparently sim only deals can upgrade after 6 months. Is there a fault with the sim only contracts?  

Any Joy your end @Anonymous?

Message 45 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've just tracked the IP address of the last computer I used to access this forum. It saves your IP on your Info. 

Clever isn't it. So I'm sure that O2 can find out the IP of the computer used to place this order and tell me where its from. I'll let you know how the Fraud phone call goes. 

Message 46 of 47

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
As I said last night, they can track it in seconds, but I can guarantee the fraud dept won't tell you that info.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 47 of 47