cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unauthorised upgrade when asking for pac code

Anonymous
Not applicable

Two days ago I asked O2's web chat staff for a pac code. They kept trying to sell a new contract so the chat took 1.5 hours! I declined all offers and eventually got the code. 

Yesterday I saw on my account that O2 had renewed my contract without permission. I asked web chat staff to remove the upgrade and to log a complaint that this had happened. They said the upgrade would be removed from my account within 24 hours. This has not happened. They also said they would log my complaint but then refused and said I should refer to the O2 complaints webpage - which says that web chat staff can receive complaints. I asked to be transferred to a supervisor, which took 1/2 hour, who also refused to log my complaint. The whole web chat took 2.5 hours and actually did nothing. They did not correct the upgrade nor log my complaint. 

It is apparently very easy for staff to collect commissions on upgrades which are not needed and not agreed. It is apparently very hard to correct this malpractice. I see on reviews of O2 that this problem has remained unresolved for a long time, 

http://www.s21.com/o2.htm Perhaps this type of fraud continues to be tolerated by O2 as they benefit from locking in customers who don't use the pac code in time?

Message 1 of 56
55 REPLIES 55

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @Toby, though it turns out not to be solved. If possible please could you remove the 'solved' tag from this topic? It seems to appear twice in the list of topics - apologies if I caused that inadvertently.

Message 51 of 56

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

Not to worry! I have removed the Solution tag for you. How are you getting on with this issue? Have you given us another call to tell the team that its not fixed?

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 52 of 56

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Toby! I'd suggest holding on with the solved tag until O2 are confident that the same series of mistakes will not affect me or anyone else. Yes I've emailed the same people who helped previously. I cannot confirm yet that the fantasy fee has been removed yet as the 'disconnected bill' is again hidden from me by the same error message. I've asked for a printed bill and a written reply to my complaint (which was promised by email a month ago but never arrived). 

Message 53 of 56

Anonymous
Not applicable
Funny enough I had the same problem a few months back. I was told it was outside fraud, which is b!//@ as the upgrade was getting sent to my address.
Luckily I wasn't in to take the phone as I asked the parcel company to send it directly back to o2. Took a week and numerous hours on the phone to get it resolved. Web chat wouldn't send me a chat log either.
Why would someone outside of o2 hack my account to steal a phone by getting it sent to my address. A signed for package. What are the odds that this hacker lives down my street. Yes you can cancel the order but it is an absolute ballache and time I don't have to fix problems that shouldn't have happened.
Message 54 of 56

Anonymous
Not applicable
We do have 14days to cancel. However this is very time consuming. My contract was changed and took several hours to fix the problem. Staff were very helpful but fobbed me off with it being an outside hacker. Who apparently upgrades people's contracts to get a phone sent by signed for delivery.
Message 55 of 56

Anonymous
Not applicable
To be fair the staff I dealt with on a similar issue where very helpful over the phone. But likewise the added bills etc were a pain to fix.
Message 56 of 56