cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Unlock Phone bought from Carphone warehouse on O2 Contract

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I recently switched phones and want to pass on my Samsung S5 to my daughter, I contacted O2 Customer services yesterday and after going through all the details was told O2 could not unlock the phone as I have got it from Carphone warehouse and that O2 did not have a record of the IMEI number, I contacted CPW and was told it is O2's responsibility to unlock the phone and they do not unlock phones, now I am really confused, their seems to be an issue between the systems of O2 and CPW and I am now stuck in the middle, I pay may bills to O2 AND THEY ARE MY NETWORK PROVIDER so I cannot agree that I should have to go chasing to get this resolved, I am still an O2 customer and the contract I have is for O2 Services, please can someone help and advise how to proceed, please do not tell me to go back to CPW as they have confirmed they are not responsible.

Thanks 

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Well it really shouldn’t be locked.
However, as it is locked, there’s nothing o2 can do about it unfortunately as it isn’t one of their phones.
CPW need to resolve it one way or another.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
CPW phones aren't locked.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122764 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

All CPW phones are sold unlocked....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 11

MI5
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Yup

Currently using:
Message 4 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122764 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

I just want to add here that I am appalled you say you have been back to CPW 'and they couldn't advise you'.

Sounds as if their employees need some basic training....Smiley Surprised

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

This one certainly is locked, when I put another sim into the phone for a different provider it asks for SIM NETWORK unlock pin??

Message 6 of 11

MI5
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
So do O2's.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 11

MI5
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Was it an online sale from mobiles.co.uk ?

Currently using:
Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

No straight out of the box from CPW, so now i am really confused

Message 9 of 11

MI5
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Well it really shouldn’t be locked.
However, as it is locked, there’s nothing o2 can do about it unfortunately as it isn’t one of their phones.
CPW need to resolve it one way or another.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 11