cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tariff change

Anonymous
Not applicable

My O2 Refresh is showing that I can upgrade for free from now but I am happy with the iPhone that I have so would just like to change tariff to get more data. I am interested in the 20GB for £20 deal that expires tomorrow but it isn't showing in my change tariff list. Is it only for new customers?

I've been with O2 for years and would like to stay with them but there are cheaper tariffs elsewhere these days and feel its unfair if its only new customers that can get the £20 tariff.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Just call customer service on 202 and switch to the sim only 20gb tariff.
You keep the phone and everything the same and o2 will change the tariff at their end for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

No luck with customer services, they can't give me the offer as its for new contracts only. Tried to bargain with them that I have been a customer for about 10 years but looks like they don't reward for loyalty. 

Theres a deal with Three for 30GB for £20 that I can get so that might be an option. I remember being this frustrated the last time I had to renew my contract and ended up going via Carphone Warehouse who could offer me a better deal than O2 direct so thats another option to try. 

Thanks for helping. 

Message 3 of 15

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Beyond belief.
They are supposed to operate a "fair deal for all" policy after all so I fail to see how that can be for new customers only.
Is it advertised on the website as such?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
It doesn't say on the website that its for new customers only but its only showing on the offers page for new sims. It isn't showing on my list of options for me to change tariff and when I spoke to them they said they couldn't offer me the rate to change tariff as it would need to be a new contract, I said I wasn't happy with that and they transferred me to the upgrade team who said the same. I told them I wasn't happy and will probably change providers so maybe I'll get a callback as they have made a note of it on my account.
Message 5 of 15

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Well you could always order a sim on that tariff off the website, then transfer your number to the new sim and cancel your old one wink

Currently using:
Message 6 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Well you could always order a sim on that tariff off the website, then transfer your number to the new sim and cancel your old one wink

Clever trick @MI5. A bit appalling that anyone would have to resort to that though? As you mentioned  'a fair deal for all' is a damn nonsense. A fair deal to draw in new customers apparently...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 15

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
I agree. It's a disgusting practice!

Currently using:
Message 8 of 15

Rycal
Level 19: Quirky
  • 435 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 47 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

No luck with customer services, they can't give me the offer as its for new contracts only.

This is absolute rubbish.

I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.

Message 9 of 15

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12069 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Why would that be absolute rubbish? The customer called to ask to be put on the tariff and has been told no.
Unless you were the person they spoke to (or could hear both sides of the conversation) how would you know?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 10 of 15