Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tariff Change

JMCC
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've had my phone and contract since October 2016. I want to upgrade my pay monthly tariff to one with a higher data allowance, but every time I try, it fails. I haven't changed my tariff since my contract started. Any ideas if there is anything else that might prevent it? Thanks

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You need to pay off the phone part of the Refresh tariff and then choose a suitable tariff for your needs. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You need to pay off the phone part of the Refresh tariff and then choose a suitable tariff for your needs. 

Message 2 of 6

JMCC
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I was under the impression you could change your tariff at any time within your contract?
Message 3 of 6

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You can change to a higher tariff from the opening tariff at any time. What you can't do is lower a tariff without settling the handset so what exactly are you wanting to do? 

Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Give customer service a call and ask them what options are available to you http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 6

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @JMCC How are you getting on? slight_smile Did you have all the information you needed for the tariff change? Do you have any additional questions the community could help with?

Message 6 of 6