cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim Swap not working

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Trying to do a sim swap but the system does not seem to be working.

I just got a sim from the o2 shop "4GPP2" I've recieved the txt with the pin code but when trying to enter my seriel number it wont go through because..

"The sim serial number (SSN) for O2 starts with 894411" it doesn't on the sim I have it starts 006566 - entering my 13 digit number does not go through.

Could somebody look into this please.

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just swapped my sim and after 3 attempts I discovered that the 894411 needs to go in before the # on the sim.  It's not obvious.....!! 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

We are all customers here so we can only do so much to help you!

So...you collected your SIM from an O2 shop? What is "4GPP2"? Is it definitley an O2 SIM card? And are there any numbers on it that begin with 894411?

As far as I know almost all SIM serial numbers begin with 89441...

Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just swapped my sim and after 3 attempts I discovered that the 894411 needs to go in before the # on the sim.  It's not obvious.....!! 

Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I've used up my three attempts today so I'll try again tomorrow.

I think I did try putting the 13 digit number on the sim after the 894411 bit - but It didn't go through, maybe the system got a bit confused!

I'll give it a go tomorrow.

Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm guessing the "4GPP2" is in reference to the new 4G service o2 are rolling out?
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm guessing the "4GPP2" is in reference to the new 4G service o2 are rolling out?

That would make sense I guess, Must be a type of SIM card!:smileyhappy:

It also makes sense to put the 894411 at the start of your 13 digit number so that it makes 19...that appears to be the length of number we use at work with other cellular companies.

Give it a try tomorrow and let us know how you get on!

Message 6 of 8

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

That's right, it's on the 4G SIM I picked up last week.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

So I tried again and it all went through without a hitch!

Message 8 of 8