cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS Delivery Reports

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, I know this old chestnut has been posted about before, but that was back in 2014.

I have just come over to O2 from Vodafone where text delivery reports worked OK. I used ChompSMS on my HTC One M8 when on Vodafone. I sent a text, got the progress yellow bar, then when the text was delivered a nice green tick to say that the recipent had received the text.

Now I find myself on O2 with a nice shiney new Samsung S8+

Now when using ChompSMS with the delivery report setting ticked, I send a text and get the progress yellow bar, but no green tick. I know that the texts are being received as I have asked, but I don't know that when I send them. I have tried a couple of different text apps and even the standard Samsung 'Messages' text app, all have the option of a delivery report checked, but I don't get a delivery report.

I know about the *0# code in front of the text message and that does give me a delivery report from Messages and ChompSMS, but who wants to keep doing/remembering to do it???

Any tips of advice would be great. If this is not possible and I do rely on the delivery report as I have only just bought the phone, I will have to change back to Vodafone.

Regards,

Steve

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Only you can decide if you want delivery reports that much or not......?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just been doing a search and found this...

"Important Note

The ‘delivery report’ function is not supported on our network. If you’d like to receive delivery reports, you can enter *0# followed by your text message and then send the message as you usually would."

Why?

Message 12 of 33

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
It's always been that way - a business decision by O2 that no customer would ever be privy to I'm afraid.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 13 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

So O2 will never evolve, move on or keep up to the latest services/features like all the others then.... more reason to move onto another service provider while I still can.

What a pathetic way to run a business Smiley Mad

Message 14 of 33

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Yes, correct.
Telefonica is massively in debt and won't invest a penny more than they have to.

Currently using:
Message 15 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have found a solution to this..............

There is a SMS app that automaticaly inserts the *0# code (unseen) into the text message for you Shocked

It is called EvolveSMS.

It is a bit different and you need to get your head round how to use it, but if you spend some time in the settings it's OK. Just tick a box and delivery reports are GO !

Hope this helps someone...

Message 16 of 33

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Well done.
No investment required either wink

Currently using:
Message 17 of 33

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Glad to hear you found a workaround @Anonymous! Please let us know how you get on with it. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 18 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems to be the way to got to get round O2's pathetic non delivery report system. I have spent some time setting it up the way I want it and the embeded delivery report code is working well. It is a bit different to all the normal run of the mill text apps, but once you get your head around it, then it's all good Fantastic

I think that I will stick with it and it will get round O2's pathetic non delivery report system.

Try it if you need text delivery reports...

Message 19 of 33

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Never been a problem to me but I'll bear it in mind should I ever feel the need slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 20 of 33