cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS Delivery Reports

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, I know this old chestnut has been posted about before, but that was back in 2014.

I have just come over to O2 from Vodafone where text delivery reports worked OK. I used ChompSMS on my HTC One M8 when on Vodafone. I sent a text, got the progress yellow bar, then when the text was delivered a nice green tick to say that the recipent had received the text.

Now I find myself on O2 with a nice shiney new Samsung S8+

Now when using ChompSMS with the delivery report setting ticked, I send a text and get the progress yellow bar, but no green tick. I know that the texts are being received as I have asked, but I don't know that when I send them. I have tried a couple of different text apps and even the standard Samsung 'Messages' text app, all have the option of a delivery report checked, but I don't get a delivery report.

I know about the *0# code in front of the text message and that does give me a delivery report from Messages and ChompSMS, but who wants to keep doing/remembering to do it???

Any tips of advice would be great. If this is not possible and I do rely on the delivery report as I have only just bought the phone, I will have to change back to Vodafone.

Regards,

Steve

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Anonymous I don't think it's a must have feature for most but a really great workaround for those who want delivery reports. Thanks for sharing wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 21 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

I find the *0# method really useful living in an area where coverage very patchy & there's always a doubt whether the message got through.  That worked perfectly on all messages of any size for the last 2 years.

However, about a week ago it stopped working for anything over about 150 characters.  I've tried a different phone (which also worked fine previously) and that no longer gets a report if the message is over 150 characters.

I noticed that the format of the delivery report I get back on short messages has changed too.

Any ideas whats going wrong & how I can get it to work again on longer messages?

Message 22 of 33

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I don't know many people who use this method and it may well have changed. I think you need to ask customer service 

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Message 23 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've found the *0# to get a delivery report doesn't work anymore. Don't know why it's suddenly changed. Not something I use all the time but was useful when needed. 

Message 24 of 33

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Might just be a temporary glitch ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 25 of 33

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if O2 have stopped another service. 

Anyone else tried it? 

Message 26 of 33

Cleoriff
  • 122812 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if O2 have stopped another service. 

Anyone else tried it? 

Not me. Maybe @Marjo @Martin-O2 or @MercedesS could find out for us?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 27 of 33

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

I'm not aware of any changes to this however, I'll ask the team to look into to it. I'll update this thread once I hear back. 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 28 of 33

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous, 

I've received conformation that using *0# to get a delivery report is still active and working. The report is dependent on the network though and getting a report is not 100% guaranteed. I would suggest testing over the next 24 hours and if you still have problems let us know. wink

signature

Message 29 of 33

Cleoriff
  • 122812 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Martin-O2 wrote:

Hi @Anonymous, 

I've received conformation that using *0# to get a delivery report is still active and working. The report is dependent on the network though and getting a report is not 100% guaranteed. I would suggest testing over the next 24 hours and if you still have problems let us know. wink

Thanks for the confirmation @Martin-O2

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 30 of 33