cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM only upgrade - from Pay as you go

Anonymous
Not applicable

My wife is a Pay As You Go customer, she has received a text reportedly from O2 offering her an upgrade to a SIM only deal 500 mins, 500mb data and unlimited texts for £6.00 pm.  Our local O2 shop didn't know anything about this deal, so we called the number 08001981355 the guy on the phone stated they would only sign up using Direct Debit, we had thought to use our Credit card as it offers us protection again potentual internet fraud.  The whole deal is taking on a bad smell and is making me feel it could be a scam.

Could you please advise if this is a genuine O2 offer or if it is a scam.

Thank you

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144188 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Appears to be a scam http://whatupag.com/phone-number/08001981355
Maybe @Marjo could check the number out please?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @MI5! I'll check with O2 and will post back once I get information. @Anonymous I might send you a PM (private message here on the forum) in case any additional detail is needed to check. slight_smile

Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I managed to confirm that it was an O2 deal thanks
Message 4 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144188 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Thanks for letting us know.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

I took up this offer on 24th Dec 2017 and have just had to cancel it as I was actually given a £10.50 pm SIM with only 250 mins and 250 MB of data. Luckily I hadn't put it in my phone or changed my number over. 02 tried to say it must have been an offer from someone like Carephone Warehouse, but it came to my PAYG phone as a tx from 02. I am furious as I've been with 02 as PAYG for 20 years. I told them I felt conned. I did not feel that they were really sorry.

Message 6 of 6