cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just upgraded to refresh a few weeks ago and realised the phone had a fault.

Went into an O2 store and told them about this and they said I'd have to send the phone back for repair and it would be 14 days. As it's less than 30 days I asked about a working replacement but they said they don't get issued ones for that purpose.

Has anyone managed to get a replacement phone as pretty much any retailer would issue you a replacement for faulty goods.

Cheers

Message 1 of 16
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

What phone did you choose ?

You would need to check out the Refresh and 02's T&C regarding loan phones.

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/srvs/cgi-bin/webcgi.exe?New,KB=Companion,question=ref(user):str(mobile),C...

If they cannot repair the phone and its not down to fair wear and tear they should send you a mint refurbished phone of the same model if its still available.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

What phone did you choose ?

You would need to check out the Refresh and 02's T&C regarding loan phones.

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/srvs/cgi-bin/webcgi.exe?New,KB=Companion,question=ref(user):str(mobile),C...

If they cannot repair the phone and its not down to fair wear and tear they should send you a mint refurbished phone of the same model if its still available.

Message 2 of 16

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Just upgraded to refresh a few weeks ago and realised the phone had a fault.

Went into an O2 store and told them about this and they said I'd have to send the phone back for repair and it would be 14 days. As it's less than 30 days I asked about a working replacement but they said they don't get issued ones for that purpose.

Has anyone managed to get a replacement phone as pretty much any retailer would issue you a replacement for faulty goods.

Cheers

That doesn't sound right. They should give a phone to use while yours is being repaired.

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/,/?New,KB=Companion,T=join2,question=ref%28User%29:str%28Mobile%29,cmd=new,&tab=2

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's a HTC one: When recording any quiet video it records a lot of static. I've only had the phone 3 weeks and it's been a fault out of box. Looked around and a few other people have the same issue so it's probably a dodgy batch. Don't really want to be spending 2 weeks with a Nokia 100 when I'm paying so much for a "flagship" model.

Message 4 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It's a HTC one: When recording any quiet video it records a lot of static. I've only had the phone 3 weeks and it's been a fault out of box. Looked around and a few other people have the same issue so it's probably a dodgy batch. Don't really want to be spending 2 weeks with a Nokia 100 when I'm paying so much for a "flagship" model.

If it was a fault "out of the box" then if you had returned within 7 days a new one would have been issued to you.

If you still have the phone it may be worth going through HTC themselves as 02's Repair Service has had a few raised eyebrows against it.

https://support.htc.com/en-uk

Ref loan phones sometimes a person is asked to leave a deposit. I'm thinking you came across a not so helpful store team member or they were out of 'loan phones' ! 

Message 5 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
I figured it could be a software thing so everything I tried didn't seem to work as I know how crap customer service can be. ( other just O2) so I'd try and fix it on my own.
I'll speak to HTC to see what they say, then if not I'll have to bite the bullet and get 02 to look at it or maybe cancel the contract as the phone isn't fit for purpose and go with someone else.
Message 6 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

It is doubtful 02 will cancel your contract as they are bound by their terms and conditions to repair or replace.

Hope all goes well for you.

Message 7 of 16

Rycal
Level 19: Quirky
  • 435 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 47 Solutions

The store can issue you with a basic loan phone for a £25 refundable deposit.

I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.

Message 8 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi 

I know this post if few months old but can someone tell me if I have to return my faulty phone to the store I bought it from or can it be any o2 store as I am quite far away from the store I got it from lol

cheers

Message 9 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144171 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Any store but see your PM for more.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 16