Did you mean: 

Problem making and receiving calls

JBester
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

Couple months back I purchased the Sony Xperia S and exchanged my old sim for the new micro sim. First problem is that occasionally when someone calls me calls goes straight to voicemail although it nearly has full signal. Phone will then be unavailable for between 30 minutes to 1 hour and then returns to normal.

Secondly, I phone family in South Africa and since the weekend when I call my parents it goes straight to voice mail on their side. On my parents phone it states call rejected. As far as they are aware nothing has changed in regards to my number and I also called them from a vodafone number which worked.

Any help would be appreciated as this very frustrating and everytime I attempt to call to see if the call goes through I get charged.

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Is it possible they have marked your number for rejection as you can do this with some phones?

Get them to remove you from the contacts list and re-enter the details.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Have you tried resetting your phone, this tends to work for me for alot of problems concerning calls and messaging.

Other than that, try talking ot one of the o2 gurus. They have helped me today with a problem concerning picture messaging.

Let me know how you get on slight_smile

Message 2 of 7

JBester
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yes, I have tried to reset but no luck. Will update if I do get a solution.
Message 3 of 7

JBester
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Called another SA number which works so problem seems to be with their phone.

First problem has not been resolved yet.
Message 4 of 7

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Is it possible they have marked your number for rejection as you can do this with some phones?

Get them to remove you from the contacts list and re-enter the details.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 5 of 7

JBester
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yes, this seems to be the problem. Hard to guide them...new to smartphones, lol. I've also reset the phone so I'll monitor the first problem mentioned above and see how it goes. Thanks for help.
Message 6 of 7

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Let us know if you solve the problem.

Message 7 of 7