cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number - PAYG to Contract

Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to change my old phone and in the process change from pay as you go to pay monthly.

However I really do not want to change my number - I have had it for many years and do not want the hassle of changing it everywhere and notifying everybody.  Can I keep my same number when I change from PAYG to monthly?  Also how I go about it - is there an option for this at the checkout as I haven't dared venture that far!!

Would like to know urgently please, as really need new phone!  Many thanks Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
Yes you can. Just tell them in the shop you want to keep your number and they will sort it for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
Yes you can. Just tell them in the shop you want to keep your number and they will sort it for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Many thanks for your help - I will go to a shop at the weekend.  

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
If you have any credit on your PAYG sim they will transfer that to your contract too, up to £350.00

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah just tell them you wish to upgrade to a contract & keep your number & they'll do it all for you 

Message 5 of 6

MercedesS
Former Staff
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous, welcome to the O2 community!

We are sure @Anonymous and @MI5 advice helped you. Let's know! 

We hope to see you around Wave

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 6 of 6