cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone dead 18 months into 24 contract

Anonymous
Not applicable

Took my galaxy s2 out yesterday on about 90% charge, 20 minutes later and it's off, cant switch on or charge, will try a new battery from a friends phone but it sounds like it's a hardware fault from what i've read. 

Can o2 get this sent off for repair if i take it in, or do i still have a warranty with samsung at this point?

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Send it to Samsung & they will look at it, repair or replace the handset if it isn't repairable 

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Do you have insurance?

I believe it's out of warrenty for Samsung sorry.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

If it is 18 months old, it could quite possibly be out of warranty, send it to Samsung for repair as O2 will ask you a price to fix it & only give it a standard O2 version of the firmware 

Message 3 of 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93230 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

Samsung state 24 months warranty for the phone, 12 months for any accessories that com supplied with the phone and 6 months for batteries.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/warranty/warrantyInformation.do?page=POLICY.WARRANTY

Message 4 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, i didn't realise samsung have a 24 month warranty on phones, i've filled out the form and i'll wait and see what the response is. Is it worth speaking to O2 anyway and possibly getting a replacement handset in the mean time? I really need something sorted by the time i get back to work.

Message 5 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Take it straight to the manufacturer

Message 6 of 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93230 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

What firmware are you using? Have you factory restored it? 

Have you eliminated that Apps are the cause? 90% of the time they are. 

If you send it off for repair and it is a App that is causing the problem then I would expect a bill, not sure if Samsung do that if they repair it.

Message 8 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Firmware was 2.3.4 KI4. Apps are the cause of what 90% of the time? Source?

The phone will not charge, switch on or respond to any hard/soft reset, completely dead.
Message 9 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Send it to Samsung & they will look at it, repair or replace the handset if it isn't repairable 

Message 10 of 14